6. Mafia's maid

Part 6

*Your POV

I open my eyes and look around the hospital room. It's the third time that I woke up today.

The first time I woke up, Jina was by my side. But I couldn't hear whatever she was telling me about. She called the doctor and soon I fell asleep again.

The second time I woke up Jungkook was by my side with Jina and the boys behind him in the couch.

"I'll make him pay for this." He kept repeating the same words. But I was not able to let any words out. My back feels numb right now. I can't seem to move my single body part.

Breathing in and out, I stare at the ceiling. Recalling how the man shot me accidentally. It's not like he cares or regrets. I can still remember those days that I had to handle his hits.

Some years ago~

I was playing in the backyard with the neighbour's daughter, Chaeyoung. We were smiling and laughing with the Barbie dolls in our hands. I was happy with her. I could smile when she'd play with me.

"Chaeyoung? Come inside, dear. We're having dinner now." Her mother yelled from her house. She looked at me apologitically.

"I'm sorry, y/n. We'll play next time, okay?" I nodded happily at her words and watched as she ran towards her home. It was around 7 pm. Wondering if dad came home, I rushed inside and entered the house.

"Is dad not home yet?" I asked maid, Suzy who was around 50 years old. She shook her head, "come on. Let's eat." She took my hand and dragged me to the dining table. "He'll be home after some minutes. You eat, okay?" I nodded my head at her words.

She walked back into the kitchen to continue her work. I kept staring at the food. I was waiting for dad to hopefully eat dinner with me. I couldn't even remember when was the last time that we had our dinner together. My 14 years old heart was yearning for father's love which seemed to be only my fantasy. But the front door was abruptly opened and came in my dad. I smiled and greeted him to which he only gave a nod

"Dad. Will you come and eat with me? I was waiting for you." I said happily wanting him to come to the table and serve himself with the food. "I'm not in the mood." "But dad. You-" he threw his laptop bag on the floor startling me in the process. "Do I need to teach you to not to argue with me?" He took his long and slow steps toward me.

I shook my head, being alert all of a sudden as I realised what's coming next. "And listen. Don't you even ask me to join you for dinner, got it?" He growled, loosening his tie around his neck. I nodded my head in fear. "But Chaeyoung gets to eat with her mom and dad. Can't-" he slapped me hard before I could complete the sentence. "What a nuisance you are. Can't you understand that I don't want to spend time with you? Nor do I want to hear you talk. Why did I even take you in the first place?"

Only my present self could understand what that meant. I was not his daughter after all.

"You better learn to shut off your mouth if you don't wanna get another beating." He roared and stormed off to upstairs. I ate the food quietly which had already turned cold. I stepped into my room and slept while wondering how would it feel to have your mom and dad tuck you into sleep or much better, song you lullaby every night before falling asleep.

I look at the door as it's opened by Jungkook who steps inside with a box in his hand. "Oh, you're awake?" He speaks and walks to sit on the chair beside my bed.

I nod my head, unable to speak due to pain in my throat. He seems to notice that. He hands me a water bottle and I take it with my weak hand before I chug down the whole water in one go.