9. (end) Mafia's maid

Part 9 [End]

Your POV

Life is not perfect all the time. We all know that for sure. But I believe that there's a happy ending to every good story because everyone who does good deeds deserves to be happy.

Just like that of a butterfly's struggle to come out of the cocoon and fly in freedom, some people should go through hard times to have a peaceful life.

That's what happened to me.. Not even in my wildest dreams had I ever thought that I'd have a father who would love me and a mother who would be present by my side.

It was a lot to take in when Taehyung said that I'm his sister but eventually I felt happy. They had lost me when our family went to the amusement park and an attack of some gangsters took place.

"Mom. Dad. I'm going out with Jungkook. I'll come home by 7." I yell from the living room. They agree with me from the dining room. It feels so different to call someone as my mom and dad. I step out of the house and walk towards my car.

My homeschooling paid off as I'm working now at JJK. Jungkook and the other boys had quitted the Mafia stuffs over a year ago.

It's been 2 years since the night. The night when my life changed with Taehyung's words.

Oh and Jina and Taehyung are married now. They married the second, Taehyung left the Mafia world.

"The day's off today." I say with happiness evident in my voice as I drive down the highway.

"Well, how's it going with Jungkook? Any progress?" Jina speaks on the other end of the line.

My grip around the wheel tightens. "It's fine, I guess. I get it that it's hard for him to move on that fast after the betrayal and death of Chaewon." I tell her.

I'm happy right now. Even if it's just like a best friend thing, at least I can stay by his side. He knows that I like him but he doesn't say anything.

"Come on, y/n. You can't expect him to like you now. It's been 2 years. 2 fcking years! Or maybe he's in love with someone else who's not you." She sighs and I hear some sounds in the background.

"Sorry. It was just Yeontan, messing things around as always. So where was I? Oh! He totally has someone. You know? I heard from Taehyung that he barely leaves his mansion these days. Other than hanging out with you or his friends, he stays inside."

"Oh I see. It's fine. I can't push him to like me then." I slouch on my seat and park beside the cafe where we're supposed to meet.

"How about you stalk him and know who this girl is?" Jina suggests and I squint my eyes towards the entrance where I see Jungkook entering with his phone in his hand, talking sweetly to someone.

"It's okay. I don't mind. It's just a crush or a like. Not that deep. Now I've gotta go. He's here." I hang up on her before she tells anything.

I step out of the car and enter the cafe. And there he is, sitting on the chair with his handsome face lit up in amusement.

As his eyes meet mine, we smile at each other. Of course, best friend's smiles. I walk to sit on the seat across him.

And with that we order our food while I watch as he texts someone and smiles cheekily. He does have someone.

"Jungkook? Are you seeing someone?" I ask him to initiate a conversation. These days, the time we speak is only in his office. He's my boss after all.

"By seeing you mean…?" He asks in confusion. I clear my throat, "Is there someone you like?" I ask, swallowing my own gut.

He smiles AGAIN!!