His child gets into an accident

When his child gets into an accident

Your POV

The only sound I could hear was my heartbeat hammering against my ribs. My eyes were glued to the door which was separating me from seeing the little girl.

The smell of medicines and chemicals were making me more than worried as I fiddled with my fingers, wiping my tears frequently.

"Sarang!!" My head snapped towards the main hall where he came running towards me.

"Jungkook…" I stood from my chair and stared at him till he reached the door as he looked inside without passing me any glance.

He was the father of the 6years old girl who was hanging in the thread between life and death. I was her stepmother but I never let her question my love and care for Sarang until this day.

Jungkook's mom and dad were closely following behind him. Seeing me, Mrs.Jeon came by my side and engulfed me in a tight hug. Probably seeing my messed up state.

I assured her that I was fine. The one who needed more support than me right now was Jungkook. He leaned against the wall and closed his eyes as the tears were falling down his cheeks without any intention to stop.

I resisted the urge to run to him and comfort him because this was all my fault and I'd never been so guilty, ever in my life.

If only I had been able to turn the car to the right in the right time when the truck was speeding towards us. It was my fault. I should have been more injured than her. She didn't deserve this.

No words were spoken as we all waited for the doctor to come out of the room with some news for hours. A good one hopefully.

"Is she fine?" Jungkook was the first one to rush to the doctor once he came out of the room with the nurses following behind.

"We can't tell that for sure right now. But once she wakes up, it'll be alright." Jungkook's dad and the doctor exchanged some words while Jungkook's glare was at me.

I knew he was beyond angry. He loved Sarang more than his life and his wife who died 5years ago after some months of her childbirth. But I was thinking that I'd successfully made a special place in his heart.

"What were you even thinking?" He spat the words once the doctor went away. I couldn't bring myself to speak. Whispering apologies was the only thing I could do right now. I just hoped Sarang would wake up fast.

"Your sorrys won't make her better, y/n. She's just 6years old. Do you even love her?" His last words made my eyes widen and my throat went dry. Did he…?

"I should have taken her with me. It's my fault too." I lowered my head and thought of his words. He was right.

"Jungkook. Stop. What happened already-" "Well we aren't sure that it won't repeat. Sarang was in danger because of her?" He cut his father's words.

Some exchanges went in between the son and father with the reason being me. I really didn't deserve this family. I saw Jungkook stepping away from us.

I turned the other direction with my blurry vision. Was it because of my tears or my head spinning, I couldn't pinpoint it? Within some steps, I couldn't make out the sounds echoing around me.

All I wanted was to stay away from them for their good. The next thing I know is my legs being tangled with each other as my vision went black.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Staring at the white ceiling which was the first thing I saw as soon as I woke up, I tried to decide what to do. Shall I run away and find a job and stay out of the sight of Jeons? Or? What other decent option do I have?