7. Mafia's maid

Part 7

Some years ago

It had been a week since Chaewon stayed in the house with y/n and the man who was supposed to be called father.

Y/n was happy now that her dad ate dinner with them. But a part of her heart was suspicious because she thought that it was because of Chaewon.

"Eat some more." The man on the table passed some slices of bread to Chaewon with a smile.

Y/n smiled as a thought came across her mind. "Dad, I want them too." She smiled when her dad looked at her.

"Take it yourself." Those words left his mouth effortlessly. Y/n looked down at her plate. Her appetite suddenly gone. She stood from her chair and stepped out of the dining room. Her dad didn't even ask if she was full or anything.

Stepping inside the guest room, she laid on her bed and hugged the teddy bear. It was time to sleep.

And as expected, her dad would always tuck Chaewon to sleep whenever she came to visit the place on weekends. She talked about how her school life was going on.

Y/n envied her. She couldn't even go to school and she didn't have any friends. The girl from neighborhood, avoided her to her surprise. Later she got to know that it was her dad.

Being trapped inside a building with nothing was not unbearable for her. She was used to it. She heard the door open and close to her room, meaning that dad left Chaewon to her bed.

She wondered what it felt like. She always tried to befriend Chaewon but it never worked out so she gave up.

The door to the room where she's staying at, opened. She quickly sat up on her bed thinking that it might be her dad to wish her goodnight. But to her dismay, it was Chaewon.

"Y/n I can't sleep." She said and walked towards the bed. Y/n watched her carefully. "So you want to sleep here?" She asked her thinking about sleepover. That'd be great.

"Yes. Why not?" Chaewon smiled and y/n shifted on her spot to give her some space on the bed.

Chaewon slipped inside the covers and turned to y/n. "Y/n, do you know why I hate you like this?" Chaewon suddenly asked and the smile on y/n's face disappeared. Shaking her head, she looked at Chaewon. "Why?"

"Because you took my dad away from me. I won't let you off easily." Saying that she started to cry loudly and fell on the floor.

In some seconds her dad entered the room and the glare he sent to y/n was enough for her to understand that no matter what, he won't believe her.

"You've been a disrespectful child nowadays." He dragged the frightened girl downstairs to the basement.

Holding her tears, she started to apologize even if it was not her fault.

He took a chain from the table nearby. Taking out the stress of his work in the day, he began to hit the girl with the iron chain. Her cries only fell into dead ears.

"Dad. I'm sorry I won't ever treat Chaewon like that. I'm sorry. It hurts please don't hit me." Y/n begged only to be slapped hardly on her cheek.

The impact made her fall flat on her stomach. She let out a scream when she felt something piercing the flesh of her stomach.

Present

Your POV

Opening my eyes I look around the dark room. The source of light is only the small window. I realise that my hands are tied up with chains and I'm standing.