Chapter 9 : Loosing Her

The helicopter starts moving and slowly Naira disappears from their sight. As she disappears, Kartik falls on the floor with a thud and starts crying.

"I couldn't even ring her back safely. She was my duty. What will I say to Uncle Aunty!" He broke down.

"Sir don't take tension. Ws have contacted the office. They are sending one more helicopter for Ma'am." One of the member of the rescue team told.

"What do you mean by Don't take tension. I cant believe you buys anymore. What if your rescue time didn't reach at time." Kartik shouted angrily with tears.

"Do one thing. You.. You guys leave me here with My Naira. I can't live without her." Kartik said in a trembling voice.

"Kartik What are you saying? " Nikita said.

"You just shut up Nikita." Kartik shouted angrily.

"Kartik..." Before Nikita could complete, a member of rescue time started.

"Sir, this is not possible now. Please control yourself. We are sorry for it but we are calling one more helicopter to rescue Mam." The member said trying to make him understand.

Kartik sat down crying helplessly. All the childhood moments of his and Naira came in front of his eyes. How they used to pull each other's leg , how they used to protect each other , how they used share each and everything , how they used to stand by each other.

Just then Ruhi went towards Kartik,

"Kartik Nothing will happen to Naira. She is a sherni na. She will come back." Ruhi said keeping her hand on his shoulder, trying to console him.

He immediately stood up and wiped his tears.

"Yes You are right. Naira... Usse kuch nhi hoga. Vo to sherni hai. Aise mera pichha thodi na chodegi" Kartik consoled himself.

~~~

Ruhi and Nikita went to their respective homes and Kartik went to Singhanias. As he entered, he saw both of the families there. They were laughing , talking together. His eyes filled with tears. Everyone looked at him at smiled.

"Aree Kartik Beta Tum? Aao." Naitik said.

"Ji" Kartik entered and greeted everyone.

"Badi jaldi aagye tum log trekking se. Naira kahan hai?" Manish asked looking towards the door.

Kartik had no answer he looked down.

"Kartik what happened? Naira is fine na." Akshara said being tensed.

"Aree haan Akshara. Zarur ye dono milkar firse hum par koi prank kar rhe hain." Swarna said and smiled.

"Haan sahi keh rhi ho tum Swarna." Akshara agreed.

"Now call Naira soon, I want to meet her." Dadi said.

He looked at them teary eyed.

"Kartik kya hua hai. Kuch bolo." Keerti said as she feel that he isn't pranking.

"Vo... "He told them the whole incident.

Everyone looked at him shocked. Manish went towards him.

"Kartik she was your duty na." He said slowly.

"How did you left her?" Manish shouted.