WRECKED

CHAPTER-40
WRECKED

Austin was ignoring my calls. He told me that I could never ignore him, and now he was the one was doing the ignoring.

Why?

Had I done anything wrong?

Or was it because of the work he had early in the morning?

He had asked on the phone, when did you last see him. I wondered who he was. Was it Dylan?

My stomach fell. He couldn't. He wouldn't. He promised me.

You're overthinking, Eva. Maybe he's really busy.

Yes, he was busy. Austin was a busy man. And he was not on a mission to hurt Dylan. Or anyone else for that matter. He didn't go killing people.

Right? Right.

I shook away all the bad thoughts about my husband as I paid attention to my new project.

I had to work hard. I wanted to work hard. I wanted to be on the top of the world where there would be no competition for me.

I wanted to be on my own, not to work my ass off for anyone else.

Which reminded of what Austin had told me once.

The lion and tiger maybe more powerful, but the wolf does not perform in the circus. Be the wolf, Eva. The wolf is relentless. Never quits, and doesn't look back. Work for yourself, not for others. Stand so high that no one can reach you.

And also the other time he said.

You know we have a saying in Italian. Un lupo non si preoccupa delle opinioni delle pecore. It means, a wolf doesn't concern himself with the opinions of sheep. Don't care what others say about you. Do what scares you. Because it's okay to be scared. Being scared means you're about to do something really, really brave.

That was the thing about Austin. He didn't only send me in a lust haze but he also motivated me. He made me see things differently.

But now I had to get back to work. Because I wanted to reach where no one could reach me.

******************

Austin was still ignoring me.

I stared at the messages I had sent him every hour.

Me: Where are you?

Me: Is everything okay?

Me: Austin, please response. At least once.

Me: You can't tell me not to ignore you and then you can go avoid me!

The worse thing was, he had seen all my texts but he didn't reply. Not even once.

What the fuck, Austin?

If he could barge into my apartment when I was avoiding him, I could do the same.

So, I decided to pay my husband a visit.

I quickly shot a text to David, saying I wanted to go to Austin's. He was already waiting for me at the front when I was down.

The ride was quiet. David didn't ask me why I was visiting him at ten in the night. Well, he shouldn't either. I was going to see my husband. I had a right to go to him whenever I wanted.