HIM AND I (PART- 1)

CHAPTER-23
HIM AND I
(PART- 1)

This chapter contains mature-content. So, if you aren't interested, feel free to skip the whole chapter.

I woke up with a headache. It felt like my head would just blast off. The good the drink was the bad the headache was.

Fuck.

I didn't remember coming up to my room and climbing in my bed. All I remember was that I met a cute guy last night; I was dancing with him when Austin arrived in his glory, we argued, and then we kissed. And he gave me an orgasm while dry humping me in the backseat of his car.

And then I fell asleep in his arms.

Oh, and that Mariella was his half-sister. I still couldn't believe Mariella was related to him. Which proved her protectiveness toward him.

Speaking of which...

Someone knocked on my door.

I clutched the sheets around my body and I was surprised to see that I wasn't wearing my last night's clothes. I was in my navy blue pajamas and a soft pink t-shirt.

Did Austin undress me? I didn't know why but that thought made me blush.

"Come in," I groaned.

Mariella came through the door with a nervous smile on her face and a tray in her hands. She placed the tray on the nightstand which had a water bottle and a pill and some strawberries.

Strawberries?

"Ma'am, I..." she started. She cleared her throat, "Angelo said you would need this pill in the morning and I also brought some fresh strawberries my mother brought today."

I tried a smile, "Thank you."

My head was going to blast. Seriously.

"Ma'am..." she played with the hem of her apron which only proved that she was nervous. "What you saw last night...it wasn't meant to happen. I was packing my things to leave when Angelo came and apologized for talking to me that way and told me I could stay. And then I started crying. He didn't—he wasn't the one to embrace me. I was the one who threw myself at him. I'm sorry for that. If you want I can leave and never come back but please—"

"It's okay, Mariella," I cut her off and managed a smile aside my headache.

She seemed surprise by my calm tone. "You're not angry?" she gasped. "No, I'm not. Austin, uh..." Austin said not to talk about it with her but she should at least know this. "Austin told me."

I didn't elaborate because I think she was smart enough to figure it out about what I was talking about. And she did. It was obvious when her surprise faded and something akin to disappointment and shame took over her face. "Oh."

"Yeah," I agreed.

"Okay, then. I-I," her eyes glistened with tears and she tried to hide her face from me by emptying the tray and placing the items on the stand. "I will just—"

"Mariella..." I whispered softly. Shit. I didn't mean to make her cry. "I'm sorry. I didn't—"

"It's okay. It's just..." she sucked in a breath, "I'm glad Angelo is opening up to you. He told you about me that means you really mean something to him. He never told about me to anyone except his foster mother so—yes, I'm happy for you both." She tried to smile but that smile didn't reach her eyes. Her eyes still held disappointment.

Was she ashamed that I knew? Or was she disappointed I knew?

"It's okay, Mariella. You don't have to be ashamed or something. And for what happened last night, I would never judge you for that. You needed your brother and you were just sad that you disappointed him," I said softly.