VENICE

CHAPTER-10
VENICE

"You've accused me as a rapist twice, Eva. Twice. You've even hit me now. And yet you always look at me like something you wanna touch but you're afraid to. So should I believe that the attraction here is one-sided?" he barked.

"There's no attraction here, Austin. The sooner you realize that, the better," I retorted.

"Liar."

I didn't even understand that why we were having this conversation. We were talking about whether having sex or not. I was talking about why not have sex with Mr. Bastard. This was all so...I don't know. Pointless.

I sighed, "Look, Austin. I'm really not interested in having this conversation with you. Or any other sort of conversation as a matter of fact. Hell, we don't even have to talk to each other at all! We just have to pretend like a couple in public, not in private. And yet here we are arguing about whether you're a rapist or not?" a laugh escaped my mouth. "Don't you think it's all so stupid? Like on a huge level?"

It finally occurred to me that we were being senseless. But Austin didn't share my amusement. He was still staring at me like he was gonna eat me alive.

I knew what could end this conversation.

"Okay," I sighed, "you wanted the truth, right? I'll give you the truth. I don't think you're a rapist. I think you're a charmer. Sex in suit. And the most handsome guy I've ever seen except now that I find David more handsome than you." Austin's jaw clenched at that. "But I can't be engrossed with you. I won't let myself. Because I think all of this is wrong for me. Because I think you're toxic for me. Because I want a serious relationship, not a fling. And you're really not my type. "

Austin kept staring at me for a long time, the anger fading away from his eyes. I stood there, shifting nervously on my toes, waiting from him to say something but it felt like his mouth was sealed.

"I find David hot. Can you set me up with him after our contract gets over?" I suggested when he didn't say anything.

I almost regretted saying when I noticed amusement filling his eyes and a faint smile occupied his mouth. He smiled.

Austin licked his lips and seemed lost in his thought before he said, "I'm everyone's type. And you're unbelievable."

I smiled. A genuine smile.

"So we good?" I asked.

He nodded.

"Okay," I said softly and turned the knob to leave the room but was stopped by Austin's voice.

"He's already seeing someone."

What?

Oh, right. He was talking about David.

"Too bad. I'll have to kill that girl, now," I replied.

Austin chuckled and shook his head on my reply.

I smiled too and stepped out of the room. I found David standing by the door like last time, looking at me with a doubted look. I smiled at him to make sure everything was okay. He hesitated before returning the smile.

Wow. It was so surprising that how we both were fighting like bulls two minutes ago and now were smiling at each other's jokes. It was so easy. I just had to be honest. If I had did that already then all of this wouldn't have had happened. I slapped my forehead before slipping back into my seat. I caught Claire glaring at me with a jealous look. She definitely thought I had just had sex with Austin.

I widened my smile at her and she looked away with disgust.

I laughed to myself and put on my earbuds again.