CAPTIVATED

CHAPTER-6
CAPTIVATED

The car came to a stop after a silent fifteen minute drive. I glanced out of the window as to see where we were and was welcomed by a huge building, all transparently mirrored from the front behind which several luxurious cars where showcased. It seemed surreal. And grand.

I kept staring at those visible cars as the door from my side suddenly opened, startling me. Austin stood there with his offering his hand, palm up. I met his eyes before hesitatingly putting mine in his. He helped me out of the car and slammed the door behind me.

"I asked the owner of the store to pick a few best cars. See what you like and we'll purchase it, okay?" he told me.

"Okay," I whispered.

Austin again put his hand on the small of my back as he directed us inside the showroom. Romero and David followed us in.

The automatic doors opened for us to let in and cool air struck me as I stepped inside. Cars of different brands were stocked in a line inside the store. From sports car to a luxurious car, every single one.

"Hello, Mr. Archer," a man in his late fifties, with silver and black curly hair walked over to us with a huge smile. He was fat, first of all. And amiable. It was obvious he was trying to be friendly with Austin with his big fake smile.

"Sir," he shook hands with Austin. "Mr. Reynolds, this is my fiancée, Eva Tramell," Austin nodded towards me and that man gave me a pleasing smile. "Miss Tramell," he chirped and took my hand and shook it firmly, "I'm Bradley Reynolds, owner of this showroom. I must say you're very beautiful."

I smile hesitatingly, "Thank you, Mr. Reynolds."

"I hope you've done what I had asked for, Mr. Reynolds," Austin said, seeming annoyed.

"Of course, sir," Mr. Reynolds let go of my hand and turned to smile at Austin. "This way, sir, please," he gestured us to follow him. Austin slipped his hand away from my waist as we followed him. I was relieved as well as...disappointed from the lost of touch.

After the elevator stunt, Austin hadn't made any cocky comment or said something useless to me. Maybe he thought that what happened in the elevator wasn't supposed to happen?

Maybe...

Mr. Reynolds directed us from the sea of people to a private room. When we entered in through the glass door, I was welcomed by five cars parked in a line. To be honest, I didn't know about any of them. Except one. The Lamborghini Veneno. The one Austin said would gift me.

He remembered.

"So, sir, I've picked all the top models of the car brands as you asked for. Do you want to have an overview?" Mr. Reynolds clapped his hands.

"The choice is for my wife. Go ahead with her," Austin said. "Sure thing, sir," he smiled.

"So..." he walked over to the first car in the line. It was navy blue in color with big black tires. "This one here," he swung open the door and it open up in the air. "is a Ferrari GTC4. It mainly comes in the category of a sports car. Its fuel economy is 6-8 kilometers per liter. Horsepower of about 448 to 507 kilowatt, transmission of 7-speed manual and engine of 3.9 L V8, 6.3 L V12. It weights around 1,865 to 1,920 kilograms. And has the seating capacity for at least four people."

Wow. Whatever he just told me was impressive but I didn't understand a word. I had no idea about cars.

I stared at the car and Mr. Reynolds stared at me. What?

"We can also provide various color options if you want, Miss Tramell but since Mr. Archer prefers dark colors for his vehicles, I picked up the dark options only," Reynolds smiled.