NEGOTIATION

*Above is André.* 

CHAPTER-18
NEGOTIATION

Three days. Three hell of a days and I hadn't seen my husband's face. He was gone before I woke up and came after I fell asleep. Austin didn't speak to me since our conversation in his office. Nor did he tell me what he had told Joseph's attorney for my absence. Was he mad at me? But why did I even give a damn? I had the right to know about his family if I was going to talk about our relationship to that attorney.

I was sitting on the kitchen table having my breakfast when Mariella asked me, "So, forgive me if I am being a little personal, ma'am, but I thought you and Angelo were on your honeymoon here but since your arrival I haven't seen you both go out anywhere. He didn't take you to see Venice?"

I scoffed, "Your Angelo apparently doesn't have time for his wife. He's already gone when I wake up and returns late home. I guess, he's just busy in his work and that's okay."

Her brows furrowed in confusion, "No, he doesn't leave early. He's home right now," she told me.

I glared at her, "Austin's home?" If he was home, where was he?

"Yes, he's in his study with Miss Loranzano. She came by—"

I choked on my juice, "Gienna is here?"

"Oh, yes. She's been coming here for past three days," Mariella enlightened me. What. The. Fuck.

"Why?" I blurted. Mariella eyes jumped at me, "Uh, I don't know, ma'am. But whenever she arrives here, she goes straight to Mr. Archer's study and he orders us not to disturb him until it's an emergency."

Seriously, Austin? He had been screwing Gienna in his study? In the morning? I clenched my jaw. That man was going behind my back now in his own house?

Without sparring a glance at Mariella, I marched my way up to Austin's study but I didn't make it to the door because Austin and Gienna were already standing at the threshold with Romero at a distance and Gienna whispering something to Austin.

I just couldn't help it. I stomped up to them and crossed my arms on my chest and smiled tightly. "Am I disturbing something?"

Both of them turned their head toward me at the same time and Gienna scanned me from toe to head with a bored expression. Whereas my husband clenched his jaw at the sight of me.

"Oh, of course not, Eva," Gienna chuckled and waved her hand at me. "I was just leaving. Angelo and I had some business to do," her gaze went back to Austin, "and now we're done."

Yes, surely. Business.

"I didn't know you were paying a visit to my husband every morning," I took a small step toward her with the fakest smile I could ever manage.

"Yes, I am. It's just business, nothing special, Eva. You don't have to worry about anything. You see, Angelo and I are very good friends so he agreed to help me with this...thing. I'm sorry for keeping your husband for so long. I really hope you don't mind," she gave a charming smile.

I clicked my tongue, "Of course not. I'm happy that Austin is of some use for you," I taunted and giggled while Austin rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"Okay, then. I'll see you tomorrow, Angelo," she smiled and pressed her palm on his chest. Austin nodded as she went on her tiptoes and pressed her lips on his cheek and gave him a chaste kiss and whispered something in his ear that I couldn't quite catch.

To whatever Gienna said, Austin nodded and ordered Romero, "Escort her out."

With a curt nod by Romero, Gienna waved at me and left with him. The moment she left, my eyes came back to my husband, who was standing at the threshold with his hands in his pockets. I took in the appearance of him. Messy hair and pale skin, jet black shirt in his signature style but no jacket, and grey suit pants, the fabric clinging to his muscular thighs.