EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE

One year later -

She had pretty blue eyes and they were widened in excitement.

Actually, her whole body seemed excited.

Sitting in her high chair, she was flailing her arms in the air, her tiny fists pumping, as she swinged her cute chubby legs. And don't even talk about the noises she was making.

I was convinced that her laughter and her coos, her excited squealing could melt any heart in this world and fill all the empty spaces with joy.

But maybe that was just me because I was her mom.

To be honest though, my Aurora was the most joyous baby ever.

Like, she smiled at strangers. She waved at them. If someone waved back - which pretty much all of them did because hello, Aurora was adorable - she completely freaked out with happiness, practically dancing either in my arms or in her stroller.

Oh and she loved dogs. Puppies were her favorite in particular.

If she saw one in the park, we had to go and say hi. We had to pet him and let him lick our faces or our hands at least, and we had to tell him how much we love him.

Which I did obviously.

Because Aurora couldn't talk but she did tell me what to say.

She nodded her head at me, which in Aurora talk meant 'tell him that I love him.' If she was waving her little fists and squealing, then that meant 'tell him he's the cutest puppy ever.' But if she also tried to get out of my arms to go crawling over to him, then that meant 'tell him I wanna take him home.'

I kept telling her that we couldn't take someone else's dog but she was yet to believe me on that.

So then we got into this whole mess where she cried and got angry. Snot ran down her nose and she got all red-faced, breaking my little mom heart.

Swear she had her father's temper.

But you know, kids needed to learn that they couldn't get their way every time they cried and threw a tantrum.

Even though it was super hard when my baby girl's voice had gone all hoarse from crying and she looked at me with accusing eyes, I tried to stay stern.

Not someone else though, no.

Someone else was a complete sucker.

Oh God, was he a sucker.

A slight tremble on her rosy lips and his frown came out to play. If she pointed her finger at a toy in the store, he bought the whole fucking toy section.

And God forbid if a tear rolled down her pink cheeks, his wrath would not be contained. He'd pace and stomp and wouldn't settle down until his Aurora had what she wanted.

And so after a long, long debate and discussion, we were giving her puppy.

Because as I said, he was a sucker and two days later, it was my baby girl's first birthday.