[24]

James ran forward, Edward and Alice shoved Dade and Bella behind them.

James hissed at Edward, the Cullen's glared at the three vampires.

"They're with us" Edward said darkly.

James continued staring at Dade and Bella as if they were prices of meat he could rip apart and devour, which of course was what they were to him.

Laurent placed a hand on James shoulder.

"I can see the game is over." Dade shuffled closer to Bella, the Vampires turned their gaze into her.

Laurent smiled slightly.

"Hello Dade, it's been quite a while." He said in a sincere voice, as if he actually missed her.

Dade shuddered. "yeah I was hoping to keep it that way."

Victoria giggled, Alice glared at her and wrapped her arm around Dades waist.

"James." Laurent said.

James huffed and stood up, he sent one last glance at Dade and grinned.

"Get Bella and Dade out of here. Go." Carlisle said.

Alice held onto Dades waist tightly and kissed her forehead.

They ran to the car, Alice and Edward pushing the girls so they would speed up.

Dade sat down in the seat, her breathing became even shakier when Alice tried buckling her in but struggled.

"Okay! Okay! I've got it" Bella yelled from the front seat.

Alice finally clicked it in. She hopped in the other seat as fast as she could, her hand grabbed Dades and held on tightly as they drove.

"Are they after us?" Bella asked but Edward didn't respond.

"Edward!" Dades voice had finally come back to her.

Edward swerved a bit and gripped the steering wheel.

"Be quiet Dade!" he said, Dade flinched.

"Edward, calm down. Don't take your anger out in her." Alice said.

Edward let out a Shakey breath.

"James is a tracker. The Hunt is his obsession. In the field, our reactions set him off. We just made this his most exciting game."

Dades eyes widened. "We? You and Alice?"

"Yes."

"What-what are you even talking about?" Bella said.

"James, Before he didn't care, but we added fuel to the fire by reacting. He'll stop at nothing to kill you and Bella." Edward said angrily.

Dade felt her chest swell up, breathing suddenly became very difficult.

"We have to kill him, rip him to pieces and burn him." Edward said.

"W-where are we going?" Bella asked.

"To Vancouver. We'll take a ferry and-"

"No we can't! What about our family?" Dade asked.

"You have to leave them. It's for their safety."

"No that's- we can't!" Dade said unbuckling and sitting up, she looked at Alice and Edward.

"Bella do something!" She said.

"I need to go home" Bella said shakily.

Alice wrapped her hands around Dades waist and pulled her back.