[27]

After a few hours Dade was tired out. Everyone had seen her, Harry Clearwater came with his son Seth (who explained several video games to her. Even acting out some parts) Seth was a young boy who just turned 14, and he was full of energy.

Dade didn't mind though, it took her mind of things.

Edward eventually did stop in and talk with her. He apologized perfusely for what happened eventually Dade told him to shut up. But they made up, and were cracking jokes. Edward even snuck her mp3 player in so she could listen to some music he even downloaded some extra on it for her.

He told her all about Bellas condition.

When he left, it was silent for a bit which Dade enjoyed but it didn't last very long.

"do you know how worried i have been?" Elliot says barging in through the door, steam practically coming out of his ears.

"i'm sorry-"

"uh-uh. i have been so worried! I hear you ran away after some argument with
Mr. Swan and then when i try to call you, your like-" Elliot makes his voice high pitched and pretends he's on a phone. "'oh hey Elliot i know i just ran away or whatever and your super worried, but i can't talk. bye.'" he glowers at her.

Dade grimces, and gives him a weak smile. "i'm sorry. alot was happening. and i can't tell you because i literally don't remember." She lies hoping he'll tell her what story was used.

Elliots eyes soften and he sits down and places a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"Dade, you and Bella were being chased."

"what?"

"yeah, you guys were being chased by some crazy asshole, who bit you!" elliot says holding up her bandaged wrist.

"holy hell." dade whispers.

"i know! they must've been real messed up to bite someone. anyways, I guess he was high on meth or something but they didn't get the guy. Bella tried protecting you but the dude pushed her down the stairs. you guys are lucky Edward, Alice and Jasper showed up when they did or that guy probably would've eaten you guys or something. i just can't believe you guys got attacked by a cannibalistic methhesd weirdo." Elliot says shaking his head.

That had to be the worst story she had ever heard. Honestly she was surprised no one suspected it was a lie because it made no sense. But people don't question things in times of chaos.

Dade nods. "i can't either." her mind was flashing with memories of James attacking them.

"You know I was so worried. I mean I just got you back, and then boom you were gone. You didn't even call me! You know what a 'hey I'm leaving, sorry but bye.' Would've been nice. But no, you had to be all dramatic and run away like- like some I don't know!" Elliot says exasperated.

Dade flinched feeling bad for her best friend, she wished more then anything she could tell him what happened but she knew she had to wait.

"I'm really sorry, I was so stressed I just didn't think about anyone."

Elliot rolls his eyes. "That's for sure."

Dade smiles and playfully punches his arm.

"Cmon don't be like that suger plums. I mean I almost just died." She said raising her eyebrows.

Elliot holds back laughter his eyes brightening.

"Suger plums? My god you must've really hit your head hard." Elliot laughed with her both reaching out to slap each other while laughing.

"Soo. Jasper and you...how's that going?" Dade said smirking when Elliots face burned red and he started scratching his neck.

"Spill.the.details." Dade demanded.

Elliot threw his head back and laughed.

"Oh my god I love you." He said. "He's just god, Dade this man is something. He's so different from other guys you know? I guess I'm just surprised by how...respectful? He is. And he is so caring. He called me immediately to tell me what happened. Just called me the moment you entered the town. And he stayed in the hospital during your guys surgeries."

Dade cracked a smile. "Woah somebody's in love. Actually he's not even that good of a guy he's like, an axe murderer."

Elliot laughed. "Woah I like my men on the dangerous side so that doesn't bother me."

Dade gasped. "You fucking weirdo."

"I can't help it. They excite me!" Elliot exclaims placing a hand over his heart.

Dade laughs loudly her ribs hurting.

Everything she worried about disappeared when she was with her best friend.

He just got her. Elliot clicked with her like a missing puzzle piece. After all these years it felt nice to have him around.

"And what about you? Huh? You and Alice?" Elliot says smirking and raising his eyebrows.

Dade giggles. "She's amazing. I think I love her."

"Oh come on" Elliot says letting out a shocked laugh.

Dade hits his shoulder and scoffs looking out the window.

"I'm serious. I've never felt like this for someone. It's actually scary. I'm scared I'll lose her." Dade says sighing.

Elliot grabs her hand and rubs it with her thumb.

"Dade I'm really good at picking up on things-"

Dade stares him down.

"What?! I am And I can tell you two have something different. I'm serious she really likes you Dade, she stayed here the past two days just waiting for you to get up." Elliot said making her heart warm up.

"Yeah I just can't believe I'm with her."

Just then Bella opens the door and walks in.

"Hey" she said weakly.

Dade got up and runs over pulling her sister into a bone crushing hug.
Bella returns it, both if them silent.

"My god I'm so glad your okay Bells." Dade said.

Bella laughs. "I was worried about you! oh my god Dade I thought you died."

Dade laugher and sniffled. "Well luckily Edward and Alice saved us." She whispered.

They pull away and Bella notices Elliot.

"Oh hey, Elliot." She says waving.

"Sup Bella." Elliot says cheerfully coming over and surprising both girls by pulling her into a hug which Bella awkwardly half returned, sending Dade a 'what the heck?" Look.

"So um are you going to tell me how you two know each other?" Bella asks sitting down.

"Super long story." Dade says.

Elliot grins. "Which I will gladly tell." Making both girls laugh loudly.

Elliot stands up and bows "I will also do us all a favor and act it out too."

Bella smiled and sat on the pulling her sister down with her.

Elliot enthusiastically acted put their friendship Dade occasionally yelling to tell him something was wrong or wasn't true but most of the time just to say

"Hey I wasn't even like that!" Which made Bella laugh and shush her or cover her mouth.

Eventually Alice joined them, and the four of them spent the evening bonding over shared interests and sharing stories about each other.

Their laughter ringing through the hallways of the hospital.

*Super short chapter but I felt like it so.*