« Chapter 27 « Fever

((Before this chapter starts, i just wanted to say the A/N after this chapter was supposed to go before this chapter, but the order went wrong, so dont worry <3

Kageyama's POV

I overslept and was running late for school before I even knew it. I barely even got time to get ready and I was already out the door. As I was running to school, I noticed Hinata parking his bike in front of the school. I decided to run past him, picking a racing with him. He immediately caught on and yelled my name, running right behind me"

"OI KAGEYAMAA!" Hinata yelled as we raced to the club room for morning practice. Hinata ended up winning and both of us were on the ground tired out.

"What's the point of you 2 wasting energy before practice?" Tanaka says behind us, with the club key. He opened the door for us and we walked inside.

----------

After morning practice we headed to our classes. I didn't spot Y/N anywhere in the hallways. I'll just visit her after class or during lunch if I can. I went and sat down in my seat, putting my head down. All that was in my mind was where Y/N was. Usually, I would see her in the hallways or I'd bump into her while walking to school. but I didn't today.

"She probably just came late like how she does sometimes" I say to myself. I sigh and sit down in my seat, getting ready for class as usual.

-----------

The bell rang for lunch. I got out of my seat and walked through the hallways, I walked towards Y/N's classroom.

I walked by and took a tiny peak and luckily I saw her sitting in her seat. She had her head down for some reason and she was writing something in her notebook. She wasn't talking to anyone and she looked pretty tired. It kind of looked off but I didn't think much of it so I walked back to my classroom to get my lunch and eat.

When I took out my food I suddenly didn't feel hungry. I looked at it and closed it right back up and put it away. I could always eat it later so it's fine.

"Oi Kageyama? You aren't gonna eat?"

I turned around and heard one of my classmates call me out, she saw me put my good away without eating so they were probably curious.

"Uhm, well. I looked at the food and I lost my appetite out of nowhere, I was planning on eating it later." I told her as she nodded and went back to talk to her friends. She's been randomly talking to me recently and I'm not sure why. I never really talked to her before so it's kind of confusing.

I got out of my seat and walked out of the classroom. I went outside to where the vending machine is. I pressed on both the yogurt and the milk at the same time as usual but yogurt came out this time. I shrugged and took the yogurt.

I look to my side and saw Shimizu-senpai walking by.

"Uh- Shimizu-senpai!" I call out. She heard my call and turned around to turn to me.

"Oh, Kageyama. What do you need?" She asks me as I walk to her

"Is Y/N okay? Or is she fine right now?" I ask, remembering how I saw her in the classroom. It looked kind of off to me.

"I didn't really get a chance to talk to her today, why? Did something happen?" She asks curiously as I shake my head.

"I didn't really see her while walking to school or in the halls, and when I walked by her classroom, she just seemed off. I don't really know." I told her as she looked at me a bit confused.

"Hm, I'm not sure why... once you see her during practice if she shows up then you can ask her. Or if I run into her I can ask her." She says as I nod