«Chapter 1« First encounters

Y/N's POV

I woke up to my alarm clock practically screaming at me to wake me up. As I got up, I looked at the time.

Shoot! I'm late!

I run downstairs as I quickly ate breakfast, took a shower, and changed. I looked back at the time as I was running late for 3 minutes. I get my bag and run to the cafe I work at.

Ever since my mom has left, everything has been up to me such as paying bills, rent, food, having money, and keeping everything together in general. My brother's out for college so he doesn't really stick around but when he does visit, he thankfully helps me with everything.

As I run inside, I go straight behind the counter and into the changing room where I change into my uniform and meet my boss.

I bow down to her multiple times, telling her that I won't be late ever again as she laughs, forgiving me, I'm pretty happy to have such a nice boss, she practically is there for me on my bad days when my best friend is busy studying or at school while I'm at work.

When I was done changing and apologizing, I went up to the counter, ready to take orders.

----------

"No problem! Your order will be with you shortly, have a nice day! I wave to the customer as they go take a seat. Everything seems to be going fine until a guy a lot taller than me, about 5'11 walks in. He had raven black hair and he didn't seem like the guy to go to cafes or talked to girls. As I was in my thoughts about how he looked, he walked up to the counter, ready to order.

"Hi! Welcome to ______ Cafe! How may I help you today?" I said in a delightful voice with a smile

He looked up at the menu as he spotted a drink

"I'll get a blueberry milkshake" he said, still looking at the menu for anything else.

I was surprised to see his drink of choice. After all, he didn't seem like the guy to go to cafes and order drinks or even get a blueberry milkshake.

"Is that all?" I asked him?

He'd nod, standing there patiently. As I wrote down his order

"Your order will be there shortly! You can go sit down while you wait, have a nice day!" I'd smile

He went to sit down to sit as I go tell my co-worker his drink as it gets made. Once the drink is made, I walked to his table. As I walk there, I set down his drink but as clumsy as I am, My elbow accidentally knocks it over.

This is one of my first times doing stuff like this so I hope you guys like it :>