« Chapter 10 « Late night walk

Kageyama's POV

As we were watching the movie, I noticed that Hinata and L/N both fell asleep. The two sleepyheads, of course. I look to see if Tsukishima and Yamaguchi were still awake and luckily they still were. I suddenly feel something on my shoulder as I jump a little, I turn to see L/N's head on my shoulder as she was asleep. I suddenly start to turn red, not knowing what to do. This dumbos sleepyhead is on my shoulder and I have no idea what to do.

Suddenly, she takes her head off my shoulder as I let out a sigh of relief, finally being able to breathe.

----------

Y/N's POV

I wake up with the movie finished as all of them are in a circle trying to figure out who sleeps where. 

"What's going on?" I say, rubbing my eyes.

"Oi L/N! Come over here, we are figuring out who sleeps where." I stand up as I go sit in the circle with them.

"Whoever wins gets the bedroom next to mine." Kageyama says as we all do rock paper scissors.

Rock, Paper, Scissors, SHOOT!

Both Tsukishima and Yamaguchi get scissors as Kageyama, Hinata, and I get paper.

"Alright then! Goodnight to you guys." Yamaguchi waves as the both of them head to the bedroom.

"We don't have to do rock paper scissors anymore, I'll just sleep on the couch over here." I say as Hinata shakes his head pushing me to Kageyama

"I'll sleep on the couch!" Hinata says as he jumps on the couch, pretending to sleep.

"What? Then where do I-"

"You sleep in Kageyama's room!" Hinata says as we both stand there in shock.

"In my room?" Kageyama says as Hinata nods.

"Welp. Goodnight! He says as he turns, his back facing us as Kageyama sighs, walking to his room as I follow. When we enter his room I look around, exploring his room.

"I'll sleep on the floor, yo-"

"No its fine, I'll sleep on the floor" I interrupted as he shrugs. He brings Multiple blankets and pillows to make a bed for me to sleep on. He hands me the blankets and pillows as I make the bed. I lay down on the makeshift bed as Kageyama closes the lights.

"Goodnight." I mumble.

"Goodnight.." He mumbled back. I sighed, closing my eyes to go asleep.

----------

Its been an hour or two since I've gone to bed and for some reason, I still can't fall asleep. I rolled to the other side of the makeshift bed. Still trying to fall asleep. After a few more failed tries of sleeping, I go and sit up, looking around. I go and open my phone to see if the weather is okay for me a take a tiny walk. I look at the weather as it says it's going to rain at 12:42.

I look at the time. It's 12:05, it won't hurt to take a little walk. I slowly get out of bed as I go downstairs. I see a sleeping Hinata as a smile a bit, walking past him and going to our bags to take out a hoodie. I go to the entrance as I grab my shoes putting them up. Just as I was about to reach for the door handle,  I see Kageyama in the reflection on the window as I turn around.

"Where are you going? He asked.

"I'm going out for a little walk, I wasn't able to sleep ever since we went to bed for some reason." I reply.

"Isn't it supposed to rain around this time though?" He asks as I nod.

"Yea, but it's going to rain at like, 12:42 or something so it's fine. It's going to be a quick walk anyway" I reply.

"Im coming with you, it's dangerous for you to be outside at this time without company" He mumbled as I cock my head to the side.

"Eh? Since when did you care" I say, chuckling. 

"Shut up. Plus, I can't really sleep either." I nod as he goes to quickly get a hoodie and puts on his shoes. I try to open the door a carefully as possible, trying not to wake up anyone as we both walk out.

Both of us are walking in silence as its a bit chilly then usually outside. I pull the hood over my head as I put my hands in my pockets as Kageyama seems to notice.

"How are you cold?" He asks as I roll my eyes.

"Im not cold, I just felt like putting my hood up" I reply as it turns silent again. 

"So, why weren't you able to sleep?" I ask, trying to break the silence as he shrugs.

"I don't know, I just wasn't able to sleep for some reason, you?" He asks.

"Same..." I look to my side as I see we are passing the cafe.

"Hey, you want a drink?" I ask.

"How? All the stores are closed?"

"Dumbo, there's the cafe" I point at the cafe as looks at me as if I was dumb.

"It's closed."

"Yea no duh, I have the keys in my pocket. I always carry it with me so I can go in and out."

"Won't people think you're open?" He asks.

"Nope, plus it's going to be quick. What drink?" I ask smiling

"Is that even a question?" as he smacks the back of my head lightly.

"Hey! Fine, a blueberry milkshake for the blueberry it is!" I skip to the cafe as I open the door, turning on the lights as I pull down my hood, starting to make drinks for both of us.

----------

I go turn off the lights as I lock the door, walking out with both of our drinks. I walk up to him, giving the drink to him as we continue to walk around. Suddenly a dog ran up to us, circling us I kneel down petting the dog.

"Oh dear, Max! Where are you!" We hear an elderly lady as she spots us, running up to us. 

"Oh my, I am so sorry! Max loves to run around whenever I accidentally let go of his leash." She says, grabbing the leash, apologizing.

"No its alright, he's one friendly dog" I say chuckling as she nods in response. I look up to Kageyama as I can tell he's fighting the urge to pet the dog.

"U-Uh, can I pet him?" He asks hesitantly as the lady nods, smiling.

"Of course! As you can tell, he's friendly" she says as Kageyama bends down, petting the dog.

"Wow! Kageyama's petting a dog for once!" I say surprised, he glared at me to shut up as I chuckle.

"You guys are such a cute couple" She says as I get up, quickly denying as Kageyama on his drink while he took a sip.

"No, no, no! We aren't together or anything! We are just friends!" I say panicking as the lady has an understanding look.

"Ahhh I thought you guys were together" She says chuckling. "You guys look good together." She says as I keep on shaking my head as Kageyama tries to hide in his hood while continuing to pet the dog.

"Oh, I got to go! You guys stay safe!" The lady says as Kageyama stands up, getting his drink as we both say bye to her. We both start walking back

While walking back, we are silent again as we both throw out our cups in the trash that was on the street. Once again I put my hands in my pocket. I start to think about what the lady said as I put my hood up embarrassed, blushing a bit. 

"I never knew Kageyama loved dogs" I say, breaking the silence again.

"Shut up, the dog was cute." He says as I chuckle smacking his arm.

"What was that for?" 

"For being such a dumbo" I say smiling as he rolls his eyes

Suddenly the rain starts dripping down. Shoot, I forgot to keep track of the time!

..........

Im sorry this chapter is so long! I wanted to fit everything in this one chapter if that okay :>