« Chapter 29 « "I love you."

Kageyama's POV 

We were the first people inside the gym. 

"Have you even told Y/N you love her yet?" Hinata asked me. I stopped for a second to think.

"Actually... I don't think so.." I reply, trying to think of a time I told her or if she told me. 

"STILL? The way you look at her literally screams love," Hinata said, I shrugged. Is that how I really look when seeing her?

"You look like you don't believe me." Hinata pouts. I look at him and tilt my head slightly. 

"Do I really?" I ask. He looks at me in disbelief.

"God I knew you were dense Kageyama but I didn't know you were this dense-" Hinata said, rolling his eyes. I frown, looking away from him. 

"You have to tell her! I'm giving you extra homework, by tomorrow you better have said that you love her!" Hinata exclaimed, giving me a grin. 

"...You're kidding," I reply. He shook his head and his grin grew wider.

"Not at all! You better do it!" He said enthusiastically. I let out an exasperated sigh.

Right after Tanaka came bursting in. The 3 of us set up the gym together. By the time we were almost done, almost everyone was here in the gym. Everyone was talking about the finals which were a week away. It seemed like Hinata forgot, he was internally panicking. I honestly don't really understand why everyone was panicking since a week is still a long way ahead. 

The door opened and it was Y/N, Shimizu, and Yachi. They walked inside the gym in a line, talking about something. They were laughing away too. I smiled a bit, seeing her happy made me happy too. 

She looked up at me from talking to Shimizu and Yachi and walked up to me. She smiled and gave me a tiny hug. Before I could do anything, she walked away and went back to Shimizu and Yachi, talking about who knows what. Hinata nudged me, giving me an oooo look. I roll my eyes, hitting him in the head.

"Man, you're no fun~," Hinata says, pouting. 

"Mhm, whatever you say," I say, brushing off what he said. My eyes were going to drift back to Y/N until I heard coach talk. He went on to talk about finals coming up and the Tokyo get-away games. After we went to start practice. 

----------

The whole entire time I was zoning out. I had no clue why but I was definitely not focusing. During break, I caught myself just staring at my water bottle. 

"You good?" Y/N called, tilting her head to look up at me while I was staring at my water bottle. I look at her blankly and she smiled. 

"What's up with you?" She asked, standing up straight again. I put my water bottle down, shrugging. When I leaned down to put my water bottle on the floor, Y/N went and ruffled my hair. I immediately looked up and ended up making eye contact with her. My eyes went wide and I immediately stood up and looked away. I pat her head and quickly walked away. For some reason, I was blushing. 

I look back at Y/N to see her, faced away from me. From what I can see, she was covering her face with her hands. Maybe she was blushing too? I sigh. 

Why am I acting like making eye contact with her is such a big deal, we literally slept in the same bed.. I thought to myself. I walk to Hinata and gave him a soft hit in the head. He was drinking water so he ended up choking on it even though I barely hit him. 

"Kageyama! I could have died." Hinata said, frowning. 

"Yea yea," I reply, using him as an armrest. He started moving around, trying to get away but I kept him still. He turned around and hit my stomach, which made me budge, letting him get away. I grab the back of his shirt, pulling him back which made him fall to the ground.