« Chapter 20 « Firework show

Y/N's POV 

2 days later 

I woke up to my brother yelling at me from downstairs to wake up and eat. I get out of bed, groaning wanting more sleep as I go to the bathroom and brush my hair. Once I was done, I go downstairs to see my brother already eating breakfast, almost done as I sit down, just starting to eat my breakfast. 

"Good morning" I say tiredly, taking a bite on my breakfast as he replies back with a good morning. 

"Oh, by the way, isn't there going to be a firework show or something tonight?" He asks as I nod

"Oh yea, I forgot it was today!" I said as I grabbed my phone, immediately texting Kageyama.

Y/N: "oi, you coming to see the firework show today right?"

Kageyama: "I mean yea, I don't really have a choice. you said your gonna drag me"

Y/N: "Great! btw, you chose the wrong "your" :)"

Kageyama: "Shut up, shorty" 

Y/N: "WOW YOU ARE DEAD WHEN I GET TO SCHOOL"

"You seem to be smiling quite a bit." I look up, realizing that I was smiling the whole time as I look away, trying to cover my face.

"Shut up." I reply. I didn't even notice I was smiling that much. 

"Who were you talking to anyway?" He asks

"My friend, Kageyama."

"Im calling it, you like him." I look at him, shook. 

"He's just a friend.." I say, getting up from my seat and putting my plate in the sink.

"Im gonna go get ready for school now." I tell him, walking to my room.

----------

"Im heading out for school, see ya!" I yell

"See ya!" he yells back as I open the door, heading for school

As I was walking to school, I see Kageyama ahead of me. I run up to him trying to scare him.

"BOO!" I yell as he doesn't even flinch, patting me on the head.

"Nice try but you didn't scare me." He says as we walk together to school.

"I can't wait for the firework show, Its gonna be so pretty and I might be able to take some good pictures too!" I say excitedly 

"You're acting like as if you've never seen a firework show or just a firework in general" He says as I frown 

"Im just excited, I haven't seen a firework show in ages!" I say as we arrive at the school. We go different directions and head to our classes.

----------

I stood next to Shimizu as I greeted her.

"Did you hear about the firework show thats happening tonight?" Shimizu asks as I nod.

"Yup! im going with Kageyama, Hinata, Yamaguchi, and Tsukishima." I say

"How about we all go together, it would seem fun." Daichi add out of nowhere

"Yea..! That would be a good idea!!" Nishinoya adds as I smile.

"So everyone is fine with going tonight?" 

"I won't be able to go tonight, I have to do something. Plus fireworks are scary..." Asahi says 

"You're actually scared of fireworks?" Sugawara looks at him in disbelief as he nods slowly.