«Chapter 5« Serves and Spikes

Y/N POV

I looked around, then at Shimizu as she was smiling at me. They want me to play?

"A-Ah, I'm good, you guys are probably way better than me so there won't be any supr-"

"So what if you aren't as good! Plus how are we going to know that if you don't go play?" Hinata interrupted. I looked around as everyone was looking at me as I looked at Shimizu for permission as she nods her head. 

"Fine.." I groan as I got up and got a volleyball. I looked around as everyone's eyes were at me. I haven't played volleyball is so long, I might be rusty. I might mess up! What if I mess up! What if I make a mistake and everyone starts lau-

"Are you going to serve or what." I looked to the side and see Kageyama as I rolled my eyes.

"Leave her alone Kageyama. She probably hasn't played in a while" The silver-haired guy tells him as I smiled. I tossed the ball up and served it, the ball going full speed as it hit the ground with a loud sound, similar to Kageyama as the room went quiet.

"WOAHHHH!!!" Hinata jumps in front of me as he goes for a double high five as I jump and do a high five with him.

"The ball went fatoosh when you hit it and went KABOOM when it hit the ground! It was so cool!" Hinata exclaimed as he was jumping up and down. 

"What did Hinata tell you" Daichi said as I was confused for a bit.

"You did really well! See, know you and I know that you're amazing at serving" Daichi adds on.

"Ah, thanks." I reply while rubbing the back of my neck, not used to all of these compliments. I look at Kageyama as he was in shock, I smirked at him and reverted my eyes back at Hinata. That's what he gets for being such an annoying brat to me.

Kageyama's POV

I cross my arms, I highly doubt that she can even serve. I mean shes probably lying about being captain. I kept my eye on her as she was completely concentrated.

"Are you going to serve or what." I ask her impatiently as I see her rolling my eyes at me. Jerk.  Suddenly tossed the ball up, doing a jump serve as it quickly reaches the other side and makes a loud bang as the whole gym went quiet. This jerk can actually serve?! Suddenly Hinata comes jumping up to her as they both stupidly do a double high five while jumping. Hinata and this girl are basically the same height but she can do a jump serve. 

"That was so cool!" I heard Hinata yell as Daichi starts speaking to her. Suddenly she looks at me as I was still in total shock as she smirks again at me. I just stand there still not being able to handle what just happened. Suddenly Tanaka comes up to me as he pats me on the shoulder.

"Amazing huh?" He says with heart eyes as I look at him disgusted. 

"Your totally in love." I tell him, removing his hand off my shoulder as Noya comes, making me concerned and worried about what they are gonna say. 

"How are you not? I mean I did see you looking at her when she was serving. You definitely like her" Noya says with a cheeky grin as I hit the back of his head.

"Hell no! I don't like a girl like her. She just happens to be good at volleyball." Alot better than I though- Wait. No! She's not good at all, she sucks. 

"Oi." I walk up to her with my arms crossed, interrupting her conversation with Hinata.

"Hm? Need anything Jerk?" She says while looking at me, dead in the eye.

"First of all, don't call me that since your the Jerk here. Second, what the hell was that?" I ask as she grinned.

"First of all, you are the Jerk, not me since you have a stupid attitude and that was something called talent. Something you don't have" She smiled

I go up to her about to beat her up until Sugawara holds me back before I can do anything.

"I'm sorry about him L/N, he can be like that. I'm Sugawara, nice to meet you!" I rolled my eyes.

She nods as the replies "Oh no its okay, I know that first hand."

"You guys know each other" Hinata askes, confused as we both sighed.

"This Jerk spilled my drink on my lap when she handed it to me." I said as she gasped, taken aback.

"Excuse me?! I'm a Jerk for that?! I already told you idiot, it was a mistake and to grow up and get over it. You're the one who purposely tripped me almost making me fall on my face!"

"Now let's all calm down and greet each other nicely. I bet you guys don't even know your names yet so let's introduce each other okay?" Suga says trying to calm both of us down.

"I already know his name." She says with a straight face as I look at her weirdly.

"Creep." I tell her as I can easily see that she's mad as a smirk at her, satisfied.

"Plus, I already told you my name when I introduced myself."

"Why would I pay attention to that" I asked her as she was clearly mad once again.

"U-Uh calm down! Just tell him your name again!" Hinata says, taking an effort to calm her down which works.

"Y/N L/N" She mutters loud enough for me to hear.

"Great! Now please calm down and don't fight." Suga says with a worried smile.

"As long as he won't be a jerk then I'm fine" She said"

"WHA- ME A J-'  I raise my voice suddenly remembering not to fight with her or else I'll get in trouble by either Daichi or Sugawara

"Fine.." I say. '

"Alright, time for spikes" Coach Ukai says and the group follows. I spot Daichi waving for L/N to come as she does. I'm guessing shes also spiking.

..........

I hope you guys enjoyed that! Just let me know if I made any mistakes on it :>