chapter 21

DIONA P.O.V
At the hotel

We got settled in the hotel and I went and ordered a pizza. They said it would take about 45 minutes.

Diona: "who wanna play a game while we wait for the pizza?"

Squad:"we down"

Ja'Myia : "let's play truth or dare.

Diona, truth or dare?"

Diona:"dare."

Ja'Myia:"I dare u to go knock on the neighbors door three times and run back in here."

Diona : "aight im down." I  did it and After i was done, the neighbor knocked on our door asking us if we seent the people who knocked. Of course we said no because even if we didn't know them, we wouldn't tell. We ain't bout that snitch life.

Diona: " Darrell, truth or dare?"

Darrell: "truth."

Diona: "Why do u act the way u do? What I mean is, Why is your attitude so bad towards everyone?" I shouldnt have said that because he immediately got mad.

Darrell:"U REALLY WANNA KNOW WHY I BE SOOOOO MAD AT THE WORLD HUH?  WELL SINCE U WANNA KNOW SOOOOOO BAD, I'LL JUST TELL YOU. WHEN I WAS ABOUT 12 YEARS OLD, I GOT RAPED. I GOT RAPED OHK. WHEN I TOLD MY PARENTS,THEY THOUGHT I WAS LYING AND SO, THEY PUT ME OUT. WHY WOULD I LIE ABOUT SOMETHING OF THAT NATURE?  SO, I GOT ALL MY STUFF AND I GOT OUT THAT HOUSE. I WAS WALKING ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD AND MY GRANNY SAW ME AND I HOPPED IN. I TOLD HER WHAT HAPPENED AND SHE BELIEVED ME. SO EVER SINCE THEN, I'VE LIVED WITH HER. SHE GOT ME TO WHERE MY PARENTS COULDN'T EVEN SEE ME AND I AIN'T WANNA SEE THEM. IF I SAW MY MOMMA AND DADDY OUT ON THE STREET TODAY, I WOULDN'T RECOGNISE THEM. IF I DID,  I WOULD BEAT THE CHICKEN GREASE OUTTA THEM FOR ABANDONING ME LIKE THAT.  Haven't spoken on this topic in 6 years and I don't ever wanna talk about it again." By the time he was done, tears were streaming down his face. I've never seent Darrell cry before.

Diona:"Darrell, I'm  so Sor--(gco)

Darrell: "diona, just save it. U ain't gotta be Sorry about none of this. It wasn't YOUR fault cause it happened to ME." He walked to the room and locked the door behind him.

Bre: "omg ive never knew that happened to him."

Vicki: "none of us did."

Darren:"he did say that he hasn't spoken on the topic for 6 years and didn't never want to."

Tia:"that's cray."

Brion: "truu truu".

Ja'Myia: "I don't even wanna eat anymore, Im just gonna sit down and re-evaluate my life for a few minutes.

Ryan: "I may nit have known him for that long, but I feel bad. So I'M with Myia. Ima re-evaluate my 20 years.

Darren: "this dude is like my brother, he never told me about any of this. I always just used to see him with his grandmother because we knew each other since we was 12 but I guess I met him After the whole situation went down. "

Bre:" possible."

The pizza came and none of us ate nan slice. We just let it sit there. I guess that's breakfast for tomorrow.