chapter 12

Vicki P.O.V: "Hey y'all I'm Vicki Ke'Lanni (key Lonnie) James. I'm kinda feelin ya Boy Chris. He treats me way better that my ex-boyfriend (his name shall not be spoken). He used to beat me and spread rumors about me and in the end, he always said that he loved me with all of his heart and that he'll never do it again. I'm 5"6 in height I love to cook,eat,shop and sing. Chris' voice is heavenly. My mom got a job here and I'm originally from Atlanta. But I love it in Saint Louis tho. I have both of my parents in my life and have a big sister named Me'Lanni (me-lonnie). I think I'm gonna like every single one of Chris friends.

                     Saturday night

I put on my blue ombre shirt, white pants, blue stud earrings, and pantone Jordan 11's. And I flat ironed my hair with a part down the middle. I love this outfit,I look so smexy.. Chris honked his horn to signal me to come outside.

Vick:"Bye yall im going to the skating rink."

Mom:"With who babygirl ?"

Vick:"With my friend Chris and his friends."

Mom:"mhm"

Dad:"I wanna meet this Chris dude."

Vick:"ohk dad". She went and signaled for Chris to come in.

Vick:"Chris this is my mom and dad.

Chris:"Hi Mr and Mrs.James im Christopher but everyone calls me Chris."

Mom:"Well Hi Chris."

Dad: "Aye son lemme holla at you real quick before y'all leave."

Chris:"ohk".He looked back at Vicki with fear in his eyes.

Mom: "Rick don't go scaring this Boy."

Dad: "Aight I ain't." It was like 2 minutes before they came back out. Chris had a look of relief on his face.

Vick: " Bye y'all."

Mom and Dad: " have fun babygirl."

Vick: "I will".

.                           Outside

Chris: "That was the longest 2 minutes of my life girl you just don't know."

Vick: " Oh I know. I've been interrogated by my ex-boyfriend's mom. My dad is actually a very nice man,he just wanted me to be safe because my last relationship ended very very badly. So i totally understand.

Chris:" Oh now i understand. And if you dont mind me asking, how did your last relationship end? I don't mean to get all up in yo business. You ain't gotta tell me if you don't wanna. I'm juss curious to know."

Vick: "This may be too early, but I feel like I can trust you. Can I trust u or nahh?"

Chris: "you sure can Vick."

Vick: " Well here goes nothing. Ohk so on the first day of junior year back in the A, I met this dude named Drew. He seemed nice but I didn't think he would treat me the way that he did. After 3 dates he asked me to be his girl and of course I said yes cause he was foin. He got in a car crash one day and After he got healed, he started to distance himself and always used to mean mug me. I didn't think anything of it until one day I seen him in the hallway kissing the school thot named Alyxandria. I didn't talk to him for like 5 days and he apologized and said that he'll never do it again. Then he started to beat on me and spread rumors about me to his lil friends and once I caught him, he said that he loved me and that he'll never do it again and I forgave him.....again. One day I caught him kissing another girl and I didn't say anything to him about it because when he was in the shower, I put baby oil on the floor and got a thick leather belt and beat him with it After he got out. And when I fell asleep, he started to beat me up and choke me. I said I think we should break up because all he did was abuse me and tell me that he Sorry and that he loved me and he'll never do it again. He beat me again but worse. So when my mom got a job up here, it was the happiest day of my entire life. I fled from school, him and all of my old friends, I cut off my phone and credit cards just so that he'll never reach me ever again. And so far, it's worked but sometimes I get a feeling that somebody is watching me. Sooo now you know."

Chris:"Well ma, I ain't never gon treat you like that and I'll treat you like a queen that you are and I think your gonna like my friends. "

Vick: "I think I will too." And with that being said, they walked into the skating rink together.

               Vicki outfit in the MM.