Chapter 1:"You should add that to your type"

Marinette

The beginning of my story.

more like the middle,

I'm Marinette just a normal gi- well you know that already but a lot has changed recently , I became the new guardian. I broke up with luka and I kinda told alya that I was ladybug.

*Flashback*

"I'll join you later I have one last thing to say to Marinette" alya said to the girls while they were leaving Marinette's bedroom.
"You did not tell us everything Marinette" alya said bringing her to a chair to sit down.

Alya could tell when Marinette was hiding something.
"I'm not going to investigate or force you to tell me, you can tell or not tell me it's your choice" alya said with a hand on Marinette's back comforting her, Marinette really needed that right now. " Will we always be friends"Marinette asked looking over to her best friend.

" Marinette, I'm your best friend and I will always be" she started "that's why it hurts me to not be able to help you to be less alone" she finished. Marinette just sat there for a moment looking away as alya sighed and got up headed to her trap door.

"Alya wait,stay" Marinette said reaching for her best friend, she knew where this was going. She was going to tell her. " You're right I'm very lonely, more alone than ever before and I find it harder and harder to resist, do you know why I broke up with luka?. Not because I don't like him, he's amazing. It's because there's something I can't tell him, something I can't tell anyone. " She was really doing this.

"Do you know why I'm drawing a line on Adrien? Because it will be the same with him. You're right I have secrets and I lie all the time and it's exhausting, I lied to my friends to my parents.To everyone." she said breaking into tears as alya tried comforting her. "And the words part about it is that I can do anything about it" Marinette said crying, "we always have a choice, Marinette" alya said.

"No not everyone,not for me...... I've got no other choice" Marinette said. " It's too heavy to carry" she said. " Then we'll carry it together" alya said. " If I tell you things between us might never be the same,It will destroy everything" Marinette said placing her head in her hands. " Marinette, whatever you'll say, I'm your friend! That will never change" alya said.

" Je suis ladybug" Marinette said. Alya paused for a moment processing before pulling her friend into a hug. Marinette felt a slight weight lifted off her shoulder . Maybe telling her was not a bad idea at all.

*End of flashback*

Things have been good since then, and I've been able to manage this alot easier. There have not been a lot of fights recently and Cat noir and I patrol the city just in case it's been a week since I told Alya and I've had to deal with her squealing every now and then " my best friend is ladybug!!!!!" I still haven't told chat noir that I told someone so now that's what I'm going to do ,where are you now? you may ask, well I'm on the Eiffel Tower waiting for him.

I heard a light thud behind me as I stood on the tower waiting for chat noir. I turned around ,to see my partner, I hadn't wanted to tell him because I was afraid he would hate me.

" Hey bugaboo" he said smirking like usual,"Hey kitty" I said with a smile although I could tell by his expression that he knew something was wrong. "Is something wrong" he asked clearly concerned , " I need to talk to you...after patrol" I said reaching for my yo-yo. "Sure LB"he said as he took his usual route.

~•~•~•~•~•~

"So, what do wanna talk about" he said as he landed beside me, sitting with my legs hanging. " I-" I hesitated, I was still nervous that he would be mad at me, I'm literally breaking my own rule .He he was supposed to be the first person I told , he is my partner , my friend, and the only person who understands me. "You can tell me," he said placing a hand on my shoulder for support.

"I...I told someone" I said looking down at my feet, I understand if he was mad, he has a right to be mad.

"What do you mean?" he questioned. Really? he was going to let me say it. " I told someone....that I'm ladybug" I mumbled the last part.
"Oh" that's all he said, I looked over at his face and I didn't see anger, he looked more surprised actually.

"I'm sorry, I wanted you to be the first person I told but I was having a bad day. It hasn't been easy with all these new responsibilities of being the guardian and school and other stuff. I just wanted to stop all the lying, I was pushing away my friends and I have to lie to them, I just had to tell someone. It was too heavy of a secret to carry -" she was going to continue when she was cut off by a hug.

"It's ok, I know that it can be hard sometimes, trust me, the life of a model is nothing easy " he paused realizing his mistake." And with all your extra responsibilities, Just know that I'm here for you," he said as he pulled away slightly to wipe a tear from my eye. I didn't even realize I had been crying.

"Thanks, for understanding kitty," I said as I looked at him. Maybe I was wrong not to give him a chance but I couldn't date anyway so that didn't matter.

An idea came to me. " You could tell someone," I said a smile on my face. " What?!?" he said looking at me as if I was crazy. "Tell someone chaton, if you trust them so will I," I said with a hand on his cheek. "Are you sure? It would be nice " he said opening up to the idea. I was surprised that through all this he hadn't punned.

"Yes, I'm sure, If I told someone you should be able to too," I said. "Btw who did you tell, A friend?" he asked " Yh, my best friend" I stated as I realized it was getting late and I needed to go home and get some sleep.

"It's getting a late kitty, I should get home and so should you," I said getting up. "Well, it was a perfectly splendid night with you m'lady," he said putting on his usual smirk as he bowed taking my hand in his and kissing it. There he was my goofy partner. Good thing I like goofy.

"Good night minou," I said as I reached for my yo-yo." Good night bugaboo" and without another word, we both went our separate ways.

~•~•~•~•~•~

I reached home and went into my bed looking up at the ceiling as I recalled the events that happened a few minutes ago.

"Tikki? Chat noir is a model?" I said as if I was asking a question.

" Yeah, you should add that to your type," Tikki said as she looked over at me a cookie in her hand. I opened my mouth to protest but decided not to instead I slowly fell asleep with a smile on my face grateful for my partner. Maybe he is my type.

{Hey, that's the end of the first chapter, tell me what you think in the comments Bug out🐾🐞}