Chapter 14:"We never spoke to her"

Marinette

I rushed through the streets, crossing the road hurriedly and stopping briefly to breathe before going off again, I guess everyone was pretty used to this so they don't stare that much, I wasn't late, but I had found something.....I had a theory of why then the butterfly was half purified one minute and purified the next.

As I rushed up the stairs to the school, I spotted Alya and Nino, I rushed over to them. When I finally reached I said the 5 words that I've been waiting to tell someone all night

"We never spoke to her," I said taking in a deep breath and standing straighter still breathing a little hard. "What do you mean?" Alya asked and I caught Nino's curious glance, I looked at Alya then nino. I did that again and he quickly got the message and excused himself. Once he was gone I looked at Alya. She looked nice today.

"You look great today," I said and she raised an eyebrow.
"So what your saying is I look bad every other day," She said and I noticed the playful tone. "Yep, that's exactly what I'm saying," I said smirking.
She rolled her eyes before asking me what I was talking about.

"Outshine, we never spoke to the girl, She ran off before we could. I have a theory, Before I talked to the old lady who was the doll, the butterfly was half purified but After I spoke to her it was back to normal"I finished pulling up the footage Alya had captured on the lady blog.

I showed her the two clips, I didn't know what to do with this information. I didn't know hawkmoth had the power to do this. If the emotions are still there why hasn't he tried to akumatize her as he'd done with multiple other people? Something was up, but I just couldn't figure out what.

"She goes to our school, she doesn't have any social media tho" I snapped my head to Alya and found her..?.. I don't even know what she was doing. "Now all we gotta do is check the school's records, we are looking for this necklace, her face is blocked out" she said placing her phone in my hand. How she did that I have no clue but we were one closer. I would have to make up some lie to get max to get the records, he is a tech expert after all.

"Um don't look now but a certain blonde is looking at you," Alya said and I couldn't stop the unconscious act of turning to look behind me, only to be met with his emerald eyes, he wanted to apologize, you could see the regret and guilt in his eyes. It was way too much for me so I turned back around and ignored the hurt expression on his face. He needs to know how I feel when he plays with my heart, not that he'd know how I feel anyway. Any girl he wants would just fall at his feet. Maybe he does know how I feel, is this all some sick joke to him? Was I that blinded by the fact that I liked him to see something like that? No that's not it.

"I told you not to look....and he's heading over here," she said and I froze. Alya's jaw ticked and she mumbled something about idiot cats before leaving me. Traiter.

"Hi Marinette," He said and I sighed before turning around hoping that the next words I say would make sense. Turning around was a bad idea, it's like every reason I have to be mad at him or ignore him flew out the window. "H-Hey" I squeaked before abruptly turning, dragging Alya with me, and running away.

"So you two haven't talked about the kiss," Alya said after we stopped running " It was j-just a peck like you give your grandma. there is nothing to talk about" I said feeling my cheeks heat up slightly. It's funny how I was mad at him but now I can't stop blushing. Stupid feelings

"Yeah right, it's also the kiss you give to your girlfriend. I think blondy like you" she said and I'm sure I looked like a tomato. I looked at her like she was crazy which she maybe is. Adrian like me? No, I'm his good friend Marinette.

 Adrian like me? No, I'm his good friend Marinette