Chapter 15 :"You'll always be M'lady"

Marinette

I landed on the Eiffel tower and sat down beside Chat noir.

"Turns out outshine goes to m- a school, the school where the owner of the lady blog goes to" I mentally cursed myself I almost messed up.

"You mean Alya," he said and I nodded. "I'll be able to get a name when I search the school's records," I said crossing my legs and resting my elbows on both. If I lean a little forward I could fall.

" Wait Mr- I mean the principle is allowing you to search school records?" he asked. "No we're hacking in, if we asked for permission the whole school would know, the last thing we need is Outshiner knowing we're looking for her, "I said turning to look at him.

I nodded and furrowed his eyebrows in thought."Do you think Outshiner could be working with hawkmoth?" He asked turning towards me slightly and crossing his legs to match me but keeping his hands to his side.

Turning his head to the side and looking at me expectedly, then I realized I hadn't answered him. I blinked and thought about my answer."It's possible, I don't understand why anyone would work with him to cause harm to so many people" I answered looking away from him toward the city of Paris.

All those people living in fear to feel anything at all because it will be used against them, even hurting people they care about. Is it even worth it? What he's doing all this for?

Turning back to Chat with a sigh, leaning back and letting one of my feet swing over the edge, I sigh again and look up to see him staring at me.

The usual, though I felt my cheeks heat slightly.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"You just did," I said and he chuckled.

"What do you do when you start developing feelings for a friend?" he asked scratching his neck and looking away from me. I saw the pink cheeks peeking from his masks.

Oh, I don't know what I was thinking that Chat noir wouldn't eventually move on. I mean I've rejected him more than enough times now.

"Not that! , I don't have feelings for you too M'lady, you'll always be M'lady, I don't want you to think my feelings for you weren't real but I might have a crush on one of my best friends" he finished and I smiled a little.

"Well, I'm not the best person to ask. The guy I used to like considers me his best friend. He said 'She's just a friend " I finished looking at him with a chuckle.

He grimaced and buried his face in his hands. He didn't

"You did not!" I gasped, he lifted his head and nodded before burying his head back in his hands. He groaned

" I didn't know I liked her back then, I didn't even think when I said it. I don't even think she thinks of me as a friend" he said

"What do you mean?" I asked leaning forward. He leaned forward as well with both elbows on his knees, imitating me. "She runs away from me, and always makes sure she isn't alone with me and.....I kissed her and she was so mad" he said and I couldn't help the laugh that bubbles up to my throat.

It sounded so much like me, to be honest.

"Why the hell did you kiss her?" I laughed slapping my knees, he grabbed my wrist." Stop laughing!, I wasn't thinking plagg said something and I just kissed her and walked away as nothing happened and then I realized what I did, And I wanted to ap- stop laughing!!" he streaked.

"Ok, Ok I'm done, "I said smiling at his embarrassment, he always seemed so confident, it's cute seeing him all flustered for a girl. I stared at him and he looked back smiling.

It was then that I realized how close our faces were and that he still held my wrists. I blinked a few times before leaning back.

Chat let go of my wrists and there was an awkward silence. I turned my head looking at all the twinkling lights that brighten the city at night, trying to figure out what to say.

"So..um what about you? With that guy you like. How's it going? I mean" he asked looking at me curiously.

"We're still friends," I said, It was simple but said everything it needed to. I don't think, I'm that sad about it honestly. I've always known how he saw me and the fact that he was in love with someone else, I just hoped I could change his mind.

"Did you mean what you said?" I asked hesitantly, why would I care? I d-don't obviously.

"Huh"

Did he have to make me say it?. "That..I-I'll always be your Lady" I finished in a whisper. "Like when we get older you get a girlfriend or a wife," I said looking up at him to see him already staring at me.

"Always M'lady" he smiled and I found myself matching his smile. Whatever happens,s we'll be the unstoppable duo.

We talked for a while, just enjoying each other's company. I realized we had been meeting way more often than usual, I liked it.

Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end.

"Keep me updated M'lady," Chat Noir said. "Of course Minou" I responded getting up with him. I turned and took out my yo-yo. This seems familiar for some reason. "Goodnight kitty," I said swinging away. I faintly heard a 'Night bugaboo'.

Reaching home I hurry into bed, ready to end this day and start a new one.

The last thought on my mind was "Always M'lady"

~•~•~

Hey, I hope you loved this chapter, If you did please leave a vote and tell me what you think in the comments, please bug out🐞🐾