Chapter 27: " That was confusing to even think about."

Adrian POV

I sat in my room while my aunt and some other people discussed who I would be staying with. Naturally, my aunt would become my guardian and that would require me to move in with her. She's the only family I have left and she wouldn't mind.

They finally came out of the room. My aunt ( Amelie) rubbed my shoulder and gave me a comforting smile. I tried smiling back but I couldn't, in, stead I gave a small nod and then fixed my gaze on the floor.

Turns out. My aunt would be staying with me until the end of the school term then I would move in with her until I was old enough to live by myself. I heard no new information about what would happen to my father since the police took him. My guess is he wouldn't be leaving jail anytime soon.

Gorilla gave me a sympathetic smile as he opened the door of the limousine for me. I got in and placed my bag on the seat and looked out the window. The celebrations hadn't stopped. I loved seeing everyone smiling and happy. I smiled too and for a second I almost forgot all my troubles. Almost.

I didn't want to think about it every time I tried it would wiggle its head into my thoughts. My mom. She was brought to the hospital where she was looked at and just as my father said. She's in a comatose state and they're not sure if she'll ever wake up.

I shake my head to get rid of the thought and focus on my surroundings. My mood brightened when the car passed the brunette who was walking and talking to herself. Well, she was talking to her kwami but I wasn't supposed to know that.

There were just too many similarities between them and the night I spent at her house she said something to me. The way she said it

'Good night kitty'

The same way, my lady says it. There are a few things I'm confused about but I'm positive that Marinette is Ladybug.

The car comes to a stop in front of the school and I take a deep breath before stepping out. No one looked at me or whispered like I knew they would if they knew the truth about what my father did. I walked over to where Nino and Alya were.

Not even a minute later, She skilled towards us. I smiled at her which she returned with a knowing look in her eye.

She knows my Identity and I know hers. But she doesn't know that I know her Identity and She doesn't know that I know that she knows my Identity.

That was confusing to even think about.

~•~•~

Marinette POV

I didn't know how to interact with Adrian anymore. Knowing he's my partner. He's Chat noir. He acted like I'm different without the mask. Was it all an act or is that how he is?. But he looked happier as Chat noir. Freer. There was no way that was fake.

The day passed quickly with very few words being passed between us. In no time, It was time to practice for the play. Everyone was in a rush, and I made the stupid suggestion that I should make my dress along with a few others. With everything going on I only managed to make Rose's mother's dress.

"oh, mère père s'il te plaît-" I was cut off by Mme bustier. " Marinette that's not your line," she said sighing.

"Oh sorry," I said sheepishly and laughed awkwardly when everyone groaned.

"From the top!" Alya shouted and everyone got back into position.

"Action!" She yelled again.

And that is pretty much how it went, well I only messed up three times after that.