Chapter 23"I'm Hawkmoth"

Adrien POV

''Yes Adrien, It is your mother''.

I snap my head around at the sound of my father's voice.

Tears poured out my eyes and I stood, "W-What is she doing here? How-Shes not -" I struggled to find words.
I have always thought he told me she disappeared because he didn't want to tell me she died. Turns out I was wrong. She's not dead. She's doesn't seem alive either.

I tried to look at my father but couldn't see his face clearly as the tears were flowing like a mountain. "Adrian" I heard him say and he reached out his hand to place it on my shoulder but I backed up. Only to end up pressed against my mom's coffin.

Wiping my tears, I stand to my full height. "You said she was missing," I said in a surprisingly calm voice even though inside I was raging. I had so many questions and I was so mad.

He hid her, placed her in a 'basement all to himself, and lied to me. The emotions I was feeling could not be described. I felt t angry, sad, relieved, betrayed all in a pool of mess in my brain as I tried to figure out if I was dreaming or not. What an awful dream it would be. And an even worse reality.

" I...lied, your mother was never missing. She's in a coma....one she might...never wake from" he murmured, I could hear the pain in his voice but I ignored it. "Why?! Why did you lie?! You could have told me!!!" I exclaimed, this was the first time I ever raised my voice at Mr.Agreste.

" Was it your fault?!! Is that why you hid it!!. Why lie?!?! What are you hiding?!" Wall the questions flew out of my mouth, not giving me much time to catch them. Through all this he was quiet. It made me even angrier. He hid my Mother from me. The one who sang me lullabies. The one who cleaned my knee after I fell. The one who made sure to tell me she loved me every day so that I wouldn't forget and he dared to stand the and not say a word.

"There are some things you don't know Adrian. I blame myself every day for what happened to my Emilie. I should have stopped her-
Your mother like myself are holders ...of miraculous. Emilie fell into an endless sleep after overusing the peacock miraculous which was damaged at the time" he finished stepping a little closer to again try and rest a hand on my shoulder but I moved completely.

I did not know what to say. My mind when blank. I did not react. How do you react to that?. I tried not to think about it or put the pieces together but my brain decided to work all of a sudden. (hehe)

He's Hawkmoth
"I'm Hawkmoth"

I stood still. I have been fighting my father all along. My father is the one who has been terrorizing Paris.

"But I'm doing this for you. So we can be a family again. With the ladybug and Cat miraculous I get one wish I could use it to bring Emilie back" he said resting his hand on the glass coffin.

A family. "You're doing this for you, not me, You never comforted me when mom died- went into a coma apparently, you basically didn't even treat me like your son and now you want to talk about family. You wouldn't care if I disappeared. You hurt people I love without care and now you want to talk about family. Even when she was here it was like you didn't want me and now you wanna talk about family. Do you think mom would want this?

Did you know that people are afraid to show how they feel because they're afraid that they will be akumatized and hurt the people they care about?. Do you know that facilities are being made for Akuma victims to go because they don't feel the same in their own homes anymore and are afraid that they'll hurt people they love?. They are being blamed and bullied for something you did?!!?" I finished breathing harshly.

I was beyond furious to know that the man people looked up to was the same man hiding in a basement and terrorizing the city.

" Don't you understand!!! It's to bring back your mother!?!" he shouted

"And there is a price what were you gonna do trade my life for hers!?!" I don't know what I expected it certainly wasn't Mr. Agretes's jaw clenching and him breaking eye contact with me.

I blame myself for expecting more from him. I love my mom, but this was wrong and she would hate him for it. Terrorizing people to the point they don't even feel safe in their own homes is wrong. I have died because of him, what if Ladybug couldn't bring me back? Many people have died? What would happen if Ladybug wasn't there? Would he continue even when people had lost their lives?

" You say it is to bring her back, but the thing is you only need two miraculous. The Bug and the Cat, for that, and yet still you have targeted all of them. You are a man driven by greed. I wonder if it's even about mom anymore"

I turn abruptly, walking back the way I came, "How dare you?!?! Turn back this instant?!?" He shouted but I continued walking.

"You are my son!!!!!" He yelled. I wanted to laugh, but I couldn't, I was only a few seconds away from breaking down. I lived with the same man I saw as an enemy and didn't even know. What kind of hero does that make me? How could I not see the signs?. The man I considered a father was gone, he wants there, to begin with.

" I don't consider you my Father"

And with that, I left.

~•~•~

Hey, It's me the author. Please tell me what you think in the comments!. And leave a vote if you liked it.

Thank you for reading! Big out 🐞🐾