Chapter 19:"Since when is Chole helpful"

Adrian

I had finally realized that I like Marinette.

I finally realized after I talked to her today. I apologized for kissing her without her permission. I didn't want her to think that I do that. I also managed to save our friendship and I think she might not hate me that much anymore.

I landed on my back on my bed with a smile on my face, I did well today. Now all I have to do is get Marinette to like me.

"You're an idiot, If someone looks in a dictionary for the word idiot your name will be right there no doubt," Plagg said shaking his head. What the hell did I do now?

"What?" I asked sitting up and furrowing my eyebrows, did I miss something. " Really kid? You told pigtails that you regret kissing her" he said and I could've sworn that the camembert in his hands was not there a second ago. The next time I looked it was gone.

"I do regret kissing her without her permission," I said and it was the truth, that's exactly what I meant. Was I not supposed to be sorry?.
"She thinks you regret kissing her at all, not because it wasn't consensual," he said though he was muffled because of the cheese in his mouth.

I mentally facepalmed and got up. I started pacing, What have I done? Why am I so stupid?. Now she's gonna think that I don't like her romantically. I don't stand a chance, she's Marinette, everyone likes her and she's kind and pretty and smart and self-less and I find it cute when she gets all flustered and- I'm straying from the point.

The point is she's amazing.

My internal crisis was interrupted by a knock on my door.

They sat up and told whoever it is that the door was open.

To my surprise, it was my father. I stood straight with my eyes wide open, I was not expecting him to be here. I wasn't even told he was back.

"Adrian." He spoke in his usual cold tone.

"Father," I answered. "I was not told you were back." I continued matching his tone. My eyes briefly looked behind him, turned out he's alone.

"I was told by Ms, Bourgeois, that you are quite popular with your classmates," He said and I nodded wondering where he was going with this.

"There is someone I would like you to find for me...I have .. business with her but can't seem to contact her" he continued his tone getting colder, however, this person was pissing him off.

"She will be wearing this necklace when you find her do not speak with her just get her name," he said giving me a picture of a girl, her face was blurred out though.

I took it and was about to say something but he left, That was weird. I honestly don't know why he would ask me.

I put the paper down on my table and immediately my previous thought about Marinette came back. Before I could say I was stupid in five different languages, I realized it was time for patrol.

I transform quickly and jump through my window, just in time as I receive a message from ladybug telling me to meet her at the Eiffel Tower. ( If you are confused this is Adrien POV before he met with ladybug )

~•~•~

Marinette

I open the door of the principal's office slowly, tiptoeing in the room, trying my best to not make any noise. It's been a week since chat noir and I met for patrol

Turns out, The school's files aren't kept on a computer. They are kept in Mr. Damocles's office. And now I'm sneaking in to look through the files, which will probably take forever.

I rush over to where the documents are and open the drawer. I look briefly back at the door nervously before looking through the files.

Turns out the students are organized by grades, so that made my life a little easier. They are not organized by classes though, there in alphabetical order. Let's hope her name starts with A.

But of course, luck did not seem to be on my side Today.

I flipped through the first twenty students and I still can't find her.

Just as I'm flipping through the j's I hear footsteps and whistling. I push the drawer close before hiding behind Mr. Damocles's desk.

I hear the door swing open and I peek around the corner of the desk. He walks towards the deck and I move, so he can't see me.

I keep moving until he is sitting in his chair and I hiding in front of his desk, Anyone could walk in at any second and I will be busted.

I wonder if I just so myself to him and tell him I took a portal here if he would believe me?

I don't have time to put my plan into action as the door swings open banging against the wall, revealing Chloe Bourgeois and Sabrina struggling behind her with shopping bags.

"Mr.Damocles how dear what's her name teacher gave me a detention because I missed her class, I was shopp-" she stopped abruptly seeing me.

Sabrina couldn't see me because her view was obstructed by the various shoeboxes she was carrying.

Chloe looked at me and then Mr. Damocles and blinked.

I brought my finger to my lips, telling her to not tell him I was here.

"Um... What I was saying was how could Ms... um, the teacher gave me a detention when the only reason I missed her class was that I was buying all these things to donate" she said flipping her hair and smiling at me. Ha, donate yeah right.

I knew that the only reason she was acting like this was cause she looks up to me, well ladybug.

"Oh yes Ms. Bourgeois I will speak with her now," the principal said before getting up and leaving, he turned around abruptly just as he was going through the door and I panicked

"Oh, what is that?" Chloe shouted pointing at nothing. They quickly shut the door on both Sabrina and Mr.Damicles.

Since when is Chloe helpful.

"So are you here on some secret mission or something," she asks looking at her nails as I get up.

"Something, like that," I said continuing what I was doing before anyone walked in.

"You know queen bee is always here to help," she said and I mentally facepalmed, how hard is it to understand that I will never give her the bee miraculous again.

I'm about to tell her when I spot the necklace. I'm about to look at the file when I hear footsteps and talking headed back to the office.

"Well, I'll talk to you another time Chloe I've got to go, bug out" I yell jumping through the window and swinging away.

I stop on a flat rooftop and open the file. Her face Is blurred out and I'm realizing that seems to be a pattern. The necklace is more clear in this picture though and It suddenly hit me, how did I not realize, I've seen this girl everywhere and her sister is super popular.

Raven.

~•~•~
Hey, hope you like this chapter and I'm sorry I don't post regularly, I try but my life is very busy and end of term exams or coming up, so I probably won't be posting much but I will finish this story by January, I promise

Anyway thank you for reading and please leave a vote and comment your thoughts.

Bug out🐾🐞