Chapter:25 '' So what you thinking a giant monkey or a giant monkey''

Marinette POV

It has been three days since I've seen Chat noir as ladybug. He has not answered any of my calls. He has ignored me and I'm starting to worry about him. That is why after I was done practicing for the play, I decided to fake an Akuma attack. He will show, I hope.

'' So what you thinking a giant monkey or a giant monkey'' Rena rouge said landing beside me. Oh did I forget to mention that she insisted on helping? And has been asking a giant monkey the second I mentioned it.

I sigh finally giving up if there's one thing with Alya it's that she's persistent. '' Fine you can do I giant monkey''  she rejoices quickly before getting into position. 

Soon a ginormous monkey is parading around  Paris in search of bananas It seemed to be destroying Paris too but in reality, nothing was happening. With all the chaos amazing I was surprised when fifteen minutes passed and chat noir still did not show up. I was starting to think something happened to him.

That's when I started panicking, I know I shouldn't have let him leave in the morning. I don't even think about where he might be now.
''I don't think he's coming Rena'' I said, glancing at the giant monkey though I wasn't looking at it all I could think about is if he's okay.

Turns out hawkmoth decided to use our fake Akuma as inspiration Now there are Millions of small monkeys running around Paris. I've never been so annoyed I hope Hawk Mountain breaks all his toes and fingers and then falls down the stairs. " I guess it's just me and you lb?" Rena says getting into a fighting stance beside me.

"I guess so..." I trailed off with a frown still worrying about my partner. " Hey don't worry chat's fine!" She said seeming way less concerned than I was the way she said it was interesting too she sounded so sure of herself. Makes me think she saw him today.

Turning back to the problem at hand I searched to see if I can see something that's different than all the monkeys running around and there is a regular-sized monkey on the throne bananas.

I was just about to fight off some monkeys when out of nowhere chat noir appeared hitting them back with his baton. I stared at him stunned for a second. He didn't even spare me a glance, which was kind of rude but I brush it off and fought the Akuma.

Throughout the entire fight he did not spare me a glance nor did he try to talk to me, the Akuma turned out to be a child who lost a game called Monkey King and then got Akumatised.

" No more evil-doing for you little Akuma," I said expecting a half purified butterfly. " time to fertilize " I shout purifying the Akuma and gasping in shock when it came out like many of Akumas I've caught before. "What!!!" I yelled. I heard my partner mutter something that I couldn't quite hear clearly before preparing to take off again before he could I reached out and grabbed his arm.

I signaled Rena to leave us alone before I focus my attention on the Grumpy Kitty in front of me. He looked no better than the night I found him on my balcony bags peeping out through his mask, letting me know he hasn't been sleeping. His eyes were slightly red and he looked miserable.

My expression softened and I placed both hands on his cheeks,  he seemed surprised and raised his eyebrows in question. Probably wondering why I'm not yelling at him. " Are you ok?" I asked in a concerned tone and he jumped back abruptly and started sputtering. "O-Of course I'm good Why wouldn't I be ok?! did you hear something?". he said frantically.

Shoot. Nearly blew my cover. Don't want him to think Marinette told ladybug cause he would think I'm a bad friend and I don't want him to realize that Marinette is ladybug so I quickly think of an excuse hopefully a convincing one. " It's just uh you look tired and you haven't been answering my calls or messages. I made a fake Akuma and you didn't even show up until the real one how did you even know it was fake?. And do you have any idea why the butterfly was completely purified?" I rant, There were too many questions unanswered.

" I'm sorry," he said and I sigh. "Why didn't you answer any of my messages" I questioned

" I wasn't ready to face you," he says and looks the other way afraid to meet my gaze. My hand that has left his cheek moves to bus chin and brings his gaze back to me. "What happened," I asked softly releasing his chin and waiting for an answer.

" I know who Hawkmoth is"

I know who Hawkmoth is

The last thing I expect to hear from my partner. So long I've waited to hear those words. Sometimes I would dream of me being the one who says them. There is complete silence I don't think I even breathe. I was stunned but also happy. If we know the identity of Hawkmoth we can defeat him you can help out him to the public and get him arrested and gets his miraculous. A grin broke out on my face, but the sad and broken look on Chat noirs face brought me back to reality. Wait?

" Isn't this a good thing?" I question, my brain was so jumbled by the fact that Chat found the Identity of the man that has been terrorizing Paris for months that I didn't put it together.

"I'm sorry," he said again and I was starting to not like those two words. What is the sorry for?  why can't I figure it out?

"Hawkmoth is Gabriel Agreste, My father"

~•~•~

Hey, it's me the author. Merry Christmas 🎄!!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, If you did please leave a vote and comment plz

Thanks for reading Bug out🐞🐾