Chapter 9: "Yup, you don't gotta rub it in"

Hawkmoth

I had a plan, well I was thinking of a plan. I could sense this anger and it was rising by the day.

I could use it and finally get the miraculouses to bring Emilie's back. Then we could be a family again. That is why I would be leaving for a few days at least everyone would think I left just like the time Adrein had that party when he thought I wasn't home though he was influenced by his 'friends' , I don't know why he insists on being friends with them when he has the Chloe bourgeois and Kagami Tsurugi. They seem like people worth his time.

This would be the time I would finally get what I want.

"Outshiner" I said ravishing in the amount of anger this girl possessed , though all negative emotions were useful anger proved to be more efficient. " You are alone, your invisible most of the time I g-" .

"Yup, you don't gotta rub it in" she said cutting me off. Normally the akumas didn't talk back, It was 'yes hawkmoth' and then they went on to cause chaos for whatever dumb reason I akumatised them. "Well I give you the power to-"I was cut off again "I don't care just give me the damn powers" she was different and I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing.

Fine. I thought as I gave her the powers. "Now all you gotta do is hand over ladybugs and Cha-"

"Yeah..um sorry I got my own plans" she interupted. Suddenly it was like all connection was cut off .

"Ah" I yelled as I dropped to my knees holding my head. I tried to reach out and unakumatise her but it's like she was blocking me.

I failed again.

I stood up when the pain stopped,knowing that ladybug and her cat boy had purified the akuma.

I would be 'traveling' I few more days, whoever that girl was, she might be the key to getting the ladybug and cat miraculous.

And waking up my Emilie.

~•~•~•

Marinette

A half purified butterfly, I thought as I caught it in my hand.

I didn't know what to think honestly,so I stared at my hand in horror as the butterfly fluttered tickling my palm.

"What..." I started sneaking a glance at Chat noir. I was not really aware of the victim leaving the scene as I pondered on what the hell to do. I was really not expecting this today.It was a regular day,I was late for school like normal and life was normal untill this stupid butterfly decided that it wanted to be half black.

I was already dealing with enough and this new ability and the play,I could not deal with this so I opened my hand and threw the butterfly in the air and caught it with my yo-yo as I tried to de evilize it again.

It's the same.

"Ladybug!!!Chat noir!! What do you have to say about blah blah blah " the reporters who came out of nowhere shouted running over to us bombarding us with questions. I looked at Chat noir and nodded to a roof nearby.

I landed on the rooftop with chat noir right behind me. He looked at my hand that still held the butterfly and looked back at me with a look that said could- you- tell- me - what -the - hell-is-going-on.

I honestly wish I could, but alas I too had no clue why this butterfly was only half purified.

Maybe it was just naturally half black.

That was wishfull thinking because I could feel the energy coming off the butterfly.

"Um..M'lady would you mind explaining what the hell is going on!?!" Chat noir exclaimed pointing at my hand like I kid who saw something in the dark and was trying to show there parents.

"I..." I tried to think of what to tell him but came up blank.Master fu told me alot of things as he was already training me to be the guardian before he lost his memories due to the miraculous magic but he never told me anything about this.

"I-I don't know" I said at last barely above a whisper as I looked down of my hand frowning. "Master fu never told me anything about this, I would have to check the book he gave me" I spoke though I knew I wouldn't find anything.

I had read every page multiple times and could recite it by heart and I never came across anything about this .

Beep

Beep

Our miraculouses beeped in unison . We both sighed .

"Meet me here tonight around 9?" I asked chat noir. We would have to talk then . And figure out what the hell to do about this new development and I also needed to ask him what was on his mind. He seemed ..off today.

And he kept looking at me weirdly. Not that he doesn't do it normally but this time it was like he was looking for something and he seemed to be deep in thought.

"Yeah sure, I also wanted to talk to you about something" He said looking hesitant for a moment like he wanted to say more but before he could decide the beeping of our miraculouses decide for him.

"See you bugaboo" he smirked as he kept away. I rolled my eyes with a smile on my face and jumped down behind the building before my transformation disappeared.

"Tikki?" I questioned as she sat on my shoulder eyeing my hand. "Has this ever happened before?" I didn't have to wait for an answer as her expression told me that it definitely did.

"There was a guardian who had ill intentions for the miraculouses and he used the butterfly miraculous as hawkmoth' uses it but he was taken down my the ladybug of that, time though before he....died. He was working on a way in which he could make his butterflies unpurible, he never succeeded and every record he had was burned". She took a breath.

" The power went to his head, he was also and fan of the snake miraculous, so he was always a step ahead of everyone, the rabbit miraculous was taken before he could use it, when they realized what he was doing, He was trying to take the cat and ladybug miraculous as hawkmoth cause we had owners at the time, he was trying to bring back his daughter but he died, he failed, how...." Her voice trailed as she looked at me a frown across her features. ( Umm this could never happen by the way, No one is able to do that, it's just my crazy imagination)

I didn't say anything because I didn't know what to say.

I looked at me hand , I wanted to free the butterfly but She had to destroy if, chat noir could use his cataclysm to destroy it. She jolted when there was a ping on her phone she looked to see a message form Alya asking where she was and then it got her that she had school and she was really late.

Tikki felw into her purse and marinette saw a jar on the floor and even though she hated to take it up because, Who Knows Where It's Been?. She did just that and put to butterfly in it and took something sharp and poked holes in the top.

She then ran ,trying to make up an excuse as to why she was a hour late.

Great. Dumb excuse time yay.

(Well this took me awhile to write, I didn't exactly know what I wanted to happen

Brother walks in tells me I'm ugly smiles creepily and walks away

Don't you just love siblings☺️

Thanks for reading bug out🐞🐾)