Chapter 13"It wasn't a mistake"

Marinette

I ran out of class as soon as it was over, I could hear his footsteps behind me but I didn't stop. Adrien kissed me today and it wasn't for the play, he kissed me like a couple leaving each other to go to their different classes, just a peck. I didn't know how to feel he probably wanted to talk to me about how it was an accident and he didn't mean to.

Does he know I like him? Is he just playing with my feelings?

I wouldn't let myself hope that he had an interest in me because it would only lead to heartbreak and disappointment. It was clear he had feelings for someone else he told me to my face.

Maybe I really should move on, ha I tried that and it didn't work out well, I would just have to ignore my feelings for him. Treat him like a friend and nothing else. Alya catches up with me. "Hey, are you ok," she asks looking at me with raised eyebrows. I nod telling her I didn't want to talk about it before going to my next class.

The day passes by in a blur with me ignoring Adrian every time he tried to talk to me. I was running down the stairs to leave before a certain somebody can catch me. "Mari!" he shouts and I pause mid-jump which is a bad idea as I trip over the step and nearly fall on my face but someone catches me, I don't even have to look up, it's kind of our thing now.

"Look, Marinette I'm so-" I stop him because I know I'll start crying if I hear it again. "Look, it was an accident..a mistake, let's just forget it happened," I said running off. I think I heard him say "It wasn't a mistake" but I know that's just hopeful thinking. I find Alya before we head to my house.

Time to trick a kitty, I think as we start devising a plan distracting me from my heartbreak.

~•~•~•

"Hey kitty," I said jumping on the building across from my house, he looked at me stunned like he was surprised I'm here, even though we planned to do this. He was acting strange lately, I feel like he isn't telling me something. "Hey there m'lady," he says and I can make out a smudge of red loading his cheeks behind the mask. I decide to ignore it and make my way to my balcony Chatnoir followed shortly. "So should we knock or maybe we should have taken the front door," I said looking at chatnoir hoping I'm playing this off well. He looked at me with a raised eyebrow before saying "No it would cause suspicion we should just knock" and that is what he did.

Surprise flooded his face when 'Marinette' opened with a smile on her face. "Oh, Ladybug and Chatnoir How can I help you?" Marinette said and he glanced at me quickly before gulping and focused on Marinette. He looks like he's seen a ghost. Am I dead?

No you idiot

I coughed trying to get Chatnoir's attention while 'Marinette' just smiled continually. "Oh-ah...So we are here on business" he said getting serious.
"I saw you purify an Akuma with your bare hands and we were wondering if you could teach ladybug" he finished wait what?.
I hit him in his head with my yo-yo."That's not why we are here" I said trying my hardest not to hit him again. "I turned to face fake me, " I took the jar out of my yo-yo and looked at 'Marinette' "We were hoping you could purify this," I said and she just smiled. Seriously Alya is gonna get an ear full from me later.

I open the jar and immediately the butterfly flutters out. I feel the illusion being cast on me and I quickly catch back the butterfly before it can head out the window. I watch the illusion of myself still standing there and quickly take my place make beside Chatnoir. Just as I expected his attention was focused on Marinette he didn't see me glitching. As we planned 'Marinette' can't purify the Akuma.

Chat looks at me defeated before thanking fake me and bidding her goodbye."I have to talk to Marinette one sec "I say to chat before watching him leave. As soon as he did the illusion disappeared and Alya walked out from her hiding spot before sitting on my chair in a way I think could hurt her back.

" That was tiring and very hard to watch," she said before feeding her kawaii, I assumed she meant lying to Chat our something along those lines. I heard her mutter something about 'if we knew ' I was about to ask her what she meant but realized I have a cat to get back to. "I'll be right back," I say before heading out to my kitty.

"So, other than that we have no other leads and Hawkmoth hasn't akumatized anyone since.. you know who," he said and a thought struck me we never got to talk to the victim like we normally do, What if this has something to do with her?.

"Who?" chat asks and I realized I said that out loud. "The girl who was akumatised we never go to talk to her because of this whole butterfly problem". Huh, I never thought I would call butterflies a problem.

" Your right, I can find her, or we could ask that reporter Alya, she'll be able to," he says perking up a little, but it seems as if something else is bothering him. I decide I'll ask him another time and volunteer to ask 'marinette' to tell Alya as they are best friends. He uses his baton to go to the building across from the bakery then runs along the rooftops until I can't see him anymore.

I go inside to see Alya passed out in the chair and I use my strength to take her up and place her in the bed before detransforming. Tiki looks at me with a frown before hugging my cheek.

"Don't worry Marinette, you'll find the solution to your problem you always do" tiki reassures me.

I take a shower to wash off all the stress of the day before putting on my nightwear and heading to bed. I look at the c ceiling multiple thoughts going through my head many of them about our current dilemma, some about the way chat noir has been acting lately, and some about Adrian.

I try my best not to think of him and close my eyes willing myself to sleep. I hope tikki is right, and with that las thought I fall into a deep sleep.

~•~•~•

Hey , I hope you enjoyed this chapter, if you did plz vote and thank you for reading

Sorry I haven't been posting regularly, I've been a little busy anyway tell me what you think in the comments bug out🐾🐞