I wanna run to you part 2

"Aaliyah this only works if you say something," she said in her Monotone voice

"Aaliyah this only works if you say something," she said in her Monotone voice. I looked around slowly, it wasn't a big room, it had paintings on the walls, big windows, and some simple decorations. I didn't know what to say, I have been here for 3 weeks and said nothing. She seems irritated by my silence but I could care less. It's just so uncomfortable. she continued, " how about we talk about your father".
2 more minutes until this is over, just 2 more minutes.

"Do you hate him for what he did to you"
...
"Do you blame your mother for what happened to you"
...
Nothing but questions and my silence. I lazily stared at her and looked at the clock. I got up and stretched, it's finally over. She put her notepad down . "I'll see you tomorrow", and with that, I left. I said I'll try but damn this is just uncomfortable. I sat outside her office waiting for Vincenzo to come out, when he came out I wished he would have stayed in. I know he's irritated with me so the only logical thing for me to think of was to hug him so I did and he was surprised by that .

"I'm sorry"
That's all I could muster, any other words that I could have said died in my mouth.
———————————————————

"Are you ready?" Vincenzo asked with a hand on the small of her back. Aaliyah was hesitant but she looked at him anyways.
"C-can you come in with me,... like for the session" she mumbled out. He looked at her questionably, why would she want him to go with her to a place so private. He nodded anyway, he already told himself that he would be there in her time of need. Truth be told he would do anything for her, he didn't know why but in a short time he has become dependent on her. Her smile and her laugh were and always be his favorite thing. It made him happy in some way.
They walked in together, nervous and uncomfortable but before they knew it, 30 minutes went by. The therapist said tiredly,
"Aaliyah can you say something, anything, I just want to help you". Aaliyah took in a shaky breath, and said, "I have been having this dream or nightmare, that when I woke up that I was back at that damn house... that I was there trapped in that damn basement, and he's there-" she paused trying to not cry. " he-he started to walk towards me, I can't move my legs, it was like I was trapped-. she couldn't continue any further. Even though she wasn't there physically she was there mentally. Aaliyah could still feel everything he did to her. It didn't take the therapist long to realize that she was having an episode. Aaliyah's eyes were wide with terror and she was trembling. The therapist was calm when she said, " you are not there in that basement, you are not trapped, you are free honey, you are free, he isn't here anymore, I need you to touch the chair that you are in and tell me how it feels". At first, Aaliyah couldn't understand why she asked her to touch the chair but she did it anyway. The therapist kept going, "that's good, now tell me what you ate this morning".
" I ate fruit" She stammered out.
The therapist finally asked, "what's one thing you can taste right now". Aaliyah tastes a lot of things but one distinctive thing she could taste was...

"Fear"
___________________________________________________________
Another update coming