46

Jason's hands intertwined with Laurel's as they moved through the long corridors of the mansion.  As they took each step, her heart felt more and more relaxed in fact she was on cloud nine. At that very moment, she felt like no one could ruin anything about the both of them. She felt so sure about her and Jason.

The long table was designed with golden plates and a couple of flower centerpieces. There were some seats on either side of the table according to the people around she assumed. She smiled, getting excited about the experience at all. Jason showed her to her seat and he sat right down next to him. Jason's seat was near the main chair that was at the end of the long table. Laurel assumed it was Albert's chair and Jason sat next to it. Opposite there were two other chairs, probably for Kate and Kevin. She did not know if anyone was around and those were the chairs present.

Elle was fascinated by the organization as well, she hit her hands on the table and kept hitting them a few times with the biggest smile on her face.

"Elle sweetie, can you stop that. You may spoil something."  She said getting a hold of her tiny hands. Elle nodded and stopped.

"It's so nice how she listens to you," Jason complimented from her side.

Albert walked in shortly with Kate behind him and took their respective seats on the table.

"Jason brought very interesting guests for us this evening," Albert said to his wife with a smile daring on his face as they both sat down.

"Yes, I did meet them earlier on," Kate answered sending a smile to Laurel who smiled back. "She's the cutest little baby."

"She is. She has Jason's eyes exactly when he was that age." His eyes went Elle once again. Everytime someone would look at her or talk about her, Elle's eyes would widen and she would create this pout on her lips.

"It is a nice surprise I should say. Though I would have wished Jason informed us earlier. We would have prepared." He went on.

"Believe me, dad, it was abrupt. Kind of in the moment."

"Nonetheless it's okay and I am just as happy plus proud." He stated, his gaze passing through all those seated at the table. Laurel kept smiling on. Soon after the kitchen surrounded the table presenting the different meals on the table and in front of the respective owners. A bunch of 'Thank yous' flooded the table. They all dug into their food.

"I hope baby Elle is not allergic to anything," Albert asked.

"No, she is not. Not anything serious at least." Laurel replied as politely as she could as Jason stared at her.

"Or should we have a specific children's meal for her? It has been a while since we had a child in his household."

"Oh no no that won't be necessary. I can share a plate with her. She doesn't really eat a lot."

"Okay good." He shifted his attention to Jason who was seated right next to him, adjacent to him. "Did you and Kevin deal with the little hiccup you were having today?"

"Yes dad, I just had to overlook some papers and sign them off," Jason answered as he patted his mouth of a napkin.

"You know if you need some help you could bring and I look through for you." He suggested, pursing his lips at the end and his gaze lingering on Jason. He obviously wanted in whatever business decision they were making.

"Absolutely not dad! As we said you are completely off-limits on this. Jason and I are alone on this."

"Definitely Kev is the only one that can talk to him like that." He whispered into Laurel's who raised her eyebrow slightly at him then smiled. As she brought her eyes back to her plate, she met Kate's gaze who quickly looked down. Elle was settled down and eating up whatever was presented to her mouth. For now, she was quiet and disciplined. Laurel thought about how she is probably wondering who these strangers were but since they are all being to her, she did not make a huge fuss about it.