2

Laurel was in the kitchen preparing breakfast for herself and Ivy, it's the least she could do after all Ivy has been there for her. It was a quiet morning, Ivy was by her laptop probably catching up with school work and Laurel was just in the kitchen. It was practically the same room considering how small and a bit crowded their apartment was.

"So what's the plan now?" Ivy asked, bringing her eyes up.     

"Doctor's appointment so that I can know how far I am and I didn't really catch the rest." she casually answered as she carried both there mugs of coffee to their small breakfast table.

"Someone's really excited about this." Her roommate joked, wearing a smirk on her face.

"Well, Jason clearly is, he was giving me all the details about the appointment over the phone last night and more on how our arrangement would work." she explained sipping on her coffee. 

Laurel had accepted to keep the baby, it's a win win situation. She knew it in her gut that she didn't want kids. She has never there and thought of names for children like other girls do when they are growing up. Since Jason pointed it out yesterday that he will have all parental responsibility over this baby she put it in his head that she was carrying his child and only his. She wasn't feeling any guilt about it either, like Jason said, she is seeing herself as just a surrogate.

"And you?"

"Well, I don't feel different." She dodged Ivy's question. She thought of her stomach and how empty it felt to her. "It's just one of a million eggs, I won't even miss it."

"I just can't imagine you pregnant. Your going to get so fat." Ivy laughed, holding a cup to her mouth.

Laurel just smiled and rolled her eyes, "I have to go get ready." 

"For your sexy baby daddy!" Ivy screamed as Laurel was leaving the room.

"He is sexy yes, but we are not calling him that." Laurel flashed her a smile before disappearing into the hall.

-

When Jason got there, he sent her a quick text to meet him downstairs. They greeted each other with small 'heys' and that was all. Since there arrangement was pretty new and pretty weird they obviously didn't know how to act around each other. Laurel didn't show that she cared she looked out the window throughout most of the ride. Just her and her thoughts.

Jason on the other hand was concentrating on the road. She would look at him from time to time. He was quiet, so she was wondering what was going to go through his head. He had that strong professional look. She got this vibe from him that this is temporary and he is not looking for a friend.  

They pulled up at one of the biggest and best hospitals in the city. She wasn't surprised. Jason walked in swiftly and casually with her behind him. Again she found herself watching him, even the way he walked so confidently like he owns the place like he had this power around him. She felt small being around him, next to him. He insisted she take a seat in the waiting area as he talks to the nurses at the front desk about their appointment.

Getting everything done. She noticed.

"It'll just be a short while then we'll be right up." He told her, joining her in the nearby seat.

"It's okay." she mumbled to him. Her phone rung a few moments after, she looked at it once then turned to Jason and said, "I'll be right back. I have to take this."

"Sure, no problem." he answered.

As she walked away on her phone call, Jason watched her go and thought of them sharing a bed together came to his mind. He had never really had an encounter with a stranger he had slept with and the was the first time. He wondered how he got there. Her silence was making him a bit nervous though. Is that how she is normally? Is he regretting this? If she is quiet what is she thinking about?  He hoped he didn't pressure her into this and that she doesn't any sort of resentment back.