20

5 months later!!
Ivy's wedding day.

"I'm here parked outside. The wedding is still going on inside, I can hear the music from here." Jason beamed with excitement to the phone. His smile was from side to side.

"I find it crazy that you are there. I don't understand why your all dressed up though? Like you're in a tux." A female voice replied him from the phone.

He smiled at her since it was a face time call. "It's a wedding, Alicia. I have to look the part. Besides this is going to be the first time she is seeing me in a long time. I have to look my best. I couldn't show up here in sweats."

"What if she is not there? I love how positive you are to finding her."

"She has to be. If she is not then I will take it as a sign from God that it was not meant to be and I will stop looking for her. I've waited five months. For five months I have been looking up to this day. She has to be there and I'm really excited." He ended with a smile. He was really hopeful. He didn't know why but he had a feeling something good would happen tonight.

"Yeah you are. I can tell. Anyway good luck, man. I have to go."

"Bye." He hung up and took a deep breath. He slide his phone into his pocket and stepped out of the car. He felt weird dressed like that. It had been a long while since he put on something that hugged his body so much. But he had to look his best for Laurel and also look like an actual guest at this wedding at the same time.

He walked inside following the direction to the venue. When he got to the outside of the room he paused a little. Something else had caught his attention. Just beside the entrance was a table laid out with photos and goodie bags. Photos from the wedding, the bride and groom and there entrounge.

Jason stepped closer to the table, his eyes glued to one particular picture. Ivy's in her wedding dress and her bridesmaids beside her. He squinted his eyes to the picture and he felt his heart warm up. There she was smiling, looking as happy as ever. She was a lot thinner now, of course, no bump in place. He couldn't exactly see the other features clearly but he was glad she was here.

It wasn't all for nothing.

He looked further at the picture and noticed a small child smiling. It was Andy, he immediately remembered that day they spent together. What a happy boy he was! He missed those days, days he would spend around Laurel.

"Is it okay if I have this?" He politely asked the guy behind the desk.

"Yes, its okay. You are a guest after all."

Jason smiled at the man before walking inside. It was pretty much done by now that he made sure of. He didn't want to show up during the ceremony and make everything weird and about him. His plan was to show up at the end, blend in and try to have a word with Laurel.

He looked ahead at the crowd of people. They weren't very many people but judging by the size of room they just seemed many. His eyes started scanning around for her. At least he knew she was wearing a pink dress so he'll start there.

He spotted the bride and groom first. Maybe it was because she is wearing a lavish white dress. The couple of the the day was over by the photo booth taking some pictures with different guests. Other guests were at the center of the room dancing and the rest were seated on the sides have small conversations.

Knowing what colour Laurel was wearing that night turned out to be more of a disadvantage than a blessing. Every time his eyes landed on that shade of pink his heart skipped only for it to drop when he realizes its not her.

He kept going at it for while, even moving a around a little. Meanwhile he was trying to avoid Ivy and Brad while at it. He knew they wouldn't like how he encroached on there wedding like this and that's not the kind of thing you stress someone with on their wedding day.