48

On Laurel's way back home from work, she picked up some dinner from Jason's favorite restaurant. He didn't feel like home cooked meal, he specifically craved food from his favorite place to eat. She herself wasn't in the mood to prepare something when she gets home so she did not mind.

Settling in at her new home had been great so far. It was okay and Jason was really trying to make time for them. The only thing that made it not so great was the fact that he had to be leaving soon for work again. Tomorrow to be exact. She placed the food in the passenger seat, sighed and got on her way home. Jason and Elle were waiting for her, she could already imagine what they were doing. 

This week every time she got home something would be unpacked and organized and when she'd ask,  he would claim he did it himself but knowing Jason he probably hired someone who did all the work. She smiled wondering what would be different this time.

She walked in tired but still managed to put a smile on her face knowing Elle was going to pop out any second. To her surprise, it was Jason who came out of the hallway, he walked over and pecked her on the lips.

"How was your day love?" He asked with a smile on his face.

"Exhausting but okay." She said handing him their dinner and removing her coat.

"Come on, have a seat." He pulled her to a seat at their dining table then moved to stand behind her. He brought his hands up to her shoulders and softly massaged them.

"Where's Elle?" She asked.

"Napping."

"Oh, you managed to put her down. She has been so hyper of late."

"Yeah, I'm super dad."

"Now you are a super boyfriend. I could get used to this."

"Thanks for the dinner babe." He bent down and kissed her on the lips, for longer this time.

After the short massage, Jason offered to serve their food as Laurel took the time to go check on her baby. She hadn't seen her the whole day and had terribly missed her. As always. Elle was tucked away comfortably in their bedroom in a pink onesie. She moved over and gave her a small kiss and sniffed in her sweet clean hair then exited the room quietly. 

The table was all set up when she got back to the kitchen so she sat down and enjoyed her meal with Jason. Every night has been like a date night since they moved in. If Elle was awake, it's more of family night, if it's just the two of them then it was a date night. They couldn't keep their eyes off each other. There was always something to talk about like they are getting to know each other all over again.

-

The next morning their were barely any smiles as they had breakfast. All Laurel could think about was the bags leaning against the wall next to the door that showed that he was leaving. Jason was carrying Elle, feeding her some oatmeal. He was trying to cheer her up though, holding a soft animal to her face from time to time while making voices. It made Elle crack up. They were the sweetest when they were together.

Unfortunately time came after breakfast and he had to go. He hugged both of them tightly right at the doorstep. Laurel couldn't imagine the hole she was feeling in her heart right now. She pulled away and looked up at him, she could see the sadness in his eyes as well but was trying to hide it all with his perfect smile. She passed Elle over to him so they could have their goodbye moment. As Jason returned her, she cried.  She cried her eyes out

Laurel hid her sad face by heading to their dining table and picking his flask with some coffee for the road that she had prepared for him. She handed it over to him avoiding his eyes.