5

Laurel was out of the apartment picking some groceries with Ivy, also taking the time to take a walk around the street. She generally loved being outside and having things to do. Ever since she lost her job and got pregnant, she has been prisoned to the couch. Even if she is to go outside, there isn't much to do.

Her and Ivy approached the supermarket, making a turn and entering. As she strode though the vegetable section, looking at all the greens and tomatoes and what not as Ivy picked out some. She remembered when she used to work in one of these and comparing it to her life now, it was a whole mess. She wore a long coat that reached up to her ankles, even though it wasn't cold outside but she was more comfortable like that. Another detail was her bump had started poking out.

"Do you think this place has plants?" Ivy asked, turning around as they approached the fridges.

"I guess, I think I saw it outside. Why?"

"I want to buy one. As a gift." She picked out some milk.

"To who?" Laurel asked with a raised eyebrow.

"The guy I went on a date with last week. Brad." Ivy informed.

Laurel squeezed her face even more confused. "Why would you do that?"

Ivy swirled around like a little girl with a grin on her face. "Exactly. That confusion on your face is why. I want to confuse him."

She rolled her eyes, "I pity the people that date you."

To which Ivy replied with a light laugh. 

Before they could get along, Laurel opened up the fridge and pulled up a bag of ice from the top shelf of the refrigerator. The two continued to move along to find Ivy a plant. As Laurel walked, she constantly kept pulling the sides of her coat ahead of her.

"What about you? Have you heard from your baby daddy?"

"No, not yet. I last heard from him just before he boarded. Which was him just informing me that his driver Mike is available incase I need to go anywhere or need anything. That was two days ago." Laurel answered casually to cover up the act that she was actually cornered about him. She wanted to know whether he arrived safe and all that but she just did not want to contact him first.

"His driver? I find that strange." Ivy said, her eyes squinted through the different plants.

"How so?" She asked.

"I mean why leave you with his driver's contact. Doesn't he have family or something. I would have been better if he left you with let's say his brother's contact or mom or aunt whatever. Not a mere driver."

"He is very strange guy. But I totally see your point. I did not ask questions."

"Or his family doesn't know about you or the baby. Do you think he told them?"

"Why wouldn't he?"

"He is a strange man just like you said."

Ivy picked out her plant, a cactus at that. They checked out and went ahead to pick up some chinese take out nearby to the place they were shopping at.

When they got in, both girls walked to the counter to figure out their orders. On reaching there, Laurel immediately got hit by this nasty smell that couldn't settle quite well with her. She brought her had to her nose and right away concluded it was the pregnancy causing. She felt a bit of nausea coupling it up.

Ivy caught on and sent her a worried glance. "What's wrong?"

"The smell." Laurel mumbled before rushing off to the bathroom. She hurried through the bathroom door and located the nearest free stall. She got in and threw up. This is her least favorite part to the pregnancy. She does not enjoy it at all. When she was done, she walked over to the sink and rinsed her mouth. She cleaned her mouth too, darting it with tissue afterwards.