32

"Mommy, where we goin'" Elle asked at the back of Laurel's car looking on in her car seat. She was together with other toys that were occupying the seat next to her. Her little friends, she called them.

"To Ivy's place." Laurel answered, looking at her daughter through the rear view mirror. "To Vee's place."

She had decided to go to Ivy's place after all. It had been a couple of days now without them talking. She wanted to go and explain everything to her instead of waiting on her to communicate. So after work, she picked up her daughter and drove to her best friend's house.

When they arrived there, Laurel carried her daughter out of the car. It was a miracle that she hadn't dosed off during the way not that the distance between their places was long. 

Laurel moved to the back to open the truck of her car in order to get the stroller out. The problem was, it wasn't there. 

"Fuck!" She cursed out loudly frustrated on how she had forgotten it.

"Mommy said a bad word. Do not repeat it." She reminded her little daughter. She shut the truck and placed her daughter down. "I don't suppose you will accept to walk inside, will you?"

Elle shook her head with a small pout coming through.

"Thought so." Laurel carried her up again and they walked inside. Through a couple of hallways and an elevator they got to Ivy's door then Laurel got nervous. The whole way here she hadn't though about what to say. Regardless, she knocked on the door. 

"Do mommy a little favor and look adorable. Real puppy dog eyes." Laurel smiled at her daughter.

The door was opened by Brad. He smiled at the both of them.

Laurel smiled at him, "Brad! Hey." She went ahead to hug him. "Is Ivy here?"

He quickly frowned before saying, "Hello, to the both of you." 

He shook Elle's tiny hand. "Yes, she is here. You can come in."

"Thanks. I'm not so sure she wants to see me." Laurel said, honestly. She was feeling awful at the thought of her best friend rejecting her right now.

"Just talk to her." Brad shrugged.

Laurel passed Elle quickly onto Brad and said, "Don't call him daddy. He is not your father."

She sent a quick smile to Brad, who definitely had a questioning look on his face. She walked further in to find Ivy. Their apartment was bigger than Laurel's but having been here enough times she knew her way around. She found her in the dinning room on her phone.

"Can we talk?" Laurel announced her presence.

"You didn't have to come all the way here." Ivy said so softly. She looked sad as well. "I feel bad about everything." 

"Well, I couldn't handle the silence." She moved forward and pulled up a set.

"I also don't like not being able to talk to you." Ivy whined. It made Laurel smile but most of all so relieved. 

"Give me a chance to explain everything first." Laurel said.

Ivy nodded while biting on her lip.

"I did not just let Jason into my life like that. I did it for Elle. I know he abandoned her before she was even born but he came back Ivy and was really desperate to get to know her. I did not want to ruin the chance of her having a father. Sure that means he hangs around me but it's just that. It's not romantic at all. Co parenting, I'm still figuring it out."

"I know, I know and I get it. I'm sorry too." She apologized. "I feel like I over reacted. I guess in that moment I just remembered what he did and I put the anger out on you. I don't want to see you hurt like that again."