35

Tuesday. Day one of them living together. Laurel woke up early to her usual morning routine. She moved out of bed and head to the bathroom to wash her face. Coming out, she spotted the mattress on the floor and remembered, Jason slept here last night. It was slightly dark in the room but she could still see him clearly. Last night she wondered what he had slept in, now it was right in front of her.

Jason was past asleep. As far as she could see, he was shirtless. The duvet was up to his waist, so everything above that was exposed. He slept in such a cute way, it remembered Laurel of the way her daughter slept. She stopped her gazing and continued to the closet, picking out outfits for her and Elle for the day. She laid them on the bed then crawled over to wake Elle.

That took about five minutes, getting her up and her eyes fully open. It wasn't Laurel's pleasure doing it but it had to be done. She carried her to the bathroom.

They took a shower together. Elle wasn't really a talker in the morning. Laurel laid her on the bed to get her diaper on. She put a pacifier in her daughter's mouth and left her covered in the towel. With Jason being around, Laurel decided to get dressed in the bathroom because she felt awkward standing there in a panties and a bra. She was pretty quick about it coming out after a few minutes. Her look for the day was a free black long sleeved dress. Then she got to dressing Elle, her eyes avoiding  wandering off to Jason again. She was avoiding it.

When Elle was properly dressed, Laurel carried her to the living room to have some breakfast. She pulled out what she needed from fridge that morning while she carried Elle on her hip. Knowing she won't be able to cook with her, Laurel removed one of the cuhsions from the couch and set her down, turning on the tv as well. Some times she worries that her daughter has so much screen time but most times it was a needed distraction since it was just the two of them most of the time.

For breakfast she made eggs and some toast for three including Jason in case he wanted to have any. On top of that she cut some fruits for her child. That was a must for her every morning. Also she packed some for day care. Lastly, she warmed up some milk.

Laurel walked over to the couch with their breakfast, which was served on the same plate. She carried Elle on her laps as she fed her of which she did not eat much because the only thing she liked taking in the morning was milk.

After eating, Laurel held a baby bottle with milk to Elle's mouth for a while before she decided to take over instead pushing her mom's hands away. Her eyes were up to the tv again so Laurel left her to that and prayed to God she doesn't spill it on her outfit. This gave Laurel time to go put on her shoes which were back in her bedroom. Where Jason was.

She moved straight to her closet and did not look at him at all. She picked up her shoes from the closet and sat on her bed. She had hardly got the first shoe on when Elle showed up with her bottle in her hands, half empty. Elle took small steps closer to her mother which led her to start crying. 

Laurel rushed to pick her up, "Hey baby, hey. Shhh! Jason is - Daddy is still sleeping."

"It's okay, it's okay, I'll help. you." She positioned her daughter in a sitting position as her cries slowly softened, she got to feeding her again.

"It's okay! Let's first finish your breakfast." She whispered, staring into her daughters eyes and watching lazily move her eyes. She then let out a huge sigh.

"Do you go through that every morning?" A deep voice asked.

She immediately turned to a Jason, who had sat up straight leaning his back against the wall. Their eyes locked and he smiled.

She smiled too then turned into a small laugh, "Yeah, pretty much."

She turned away as Elle winded up with her milk wondering how long Jason had been watching her for. Was it the cries that woke him? Laurel helped Elle get to her feet and continued with her shoes. "Do you want to go say hey to daddy."