24

"Iris! For the millionth time. Hurry up!" Laurel rushed her sister as she packed her baby bag. It was Sunday afternoon and the pair was going out for food. Elle was patiently standing right next to her mum squeezing a pink bottle between her hands. She was holding it with both hands as she stared at her mum with wide eyes as she shouted at Iris.

"I'm here! I'm here alright. How do you look?" Iris showed up from the bedroom with a full face beat.

"Beautiful as always." And Laurel meant it.

She smiled, "Do you know who could look as good as I, if they just let me do their makeup?"

"Me?" Laurel answered with a dull tone and a risen eyebrow.

"Your right! Never know you'll actually meet someone one of these days. I'm not saying there is something wrong with the way you look. Your very pretty and I love you. I'm just saying there is nothing wrong with spicing up things a little bit and get rid of this whole mom vibe." Iris pursed her lips. "For the record, you are like a hot kinda mom. Like a young mom. Like Elle could be your younger sister, or niece."

Laurel flashed her a false smile, "Alright, let's go."

She picked up Elle and they walked to door. Iris is always trying to do her makeup, she was used to that but lately she has been hinting the whole 'meeting someone thing'.

"I've told you, I don't want to meet someone. I'm happy the way things are." She told her sister as they got to the hallway of the apartment. She was happy, or maybe it was because the last guy she got involved with broke her heart without even dating him.

They got to the restaurant, Laurel placed her daughter down so she could walk inside on her own. They have been dying to eat here but unfortunately never had time to come with all the wedding preparations going on and Ivy being on her honeymoon.

"Try to see what if you can spot Ivy as I search for an empty table."

"Ivy keeps time. I'm pretty sure she is here already. Somewhere." Iris answered. "There she is."

Elle spotted Ivy too ahead and she got excited. She smiled up at Laurel and started jumping up and down while pointing to Ivy.

"Go on, go to her." Elle excitedly ran to Ivy who welcomed her with open arms. "Ellie girl!"

"You've grown! When was the last time I saw you. I swear you grow every second." Ivy lifted her up, wearing a wide smile on her face.

"She does." Laurel smiled as she looked at both of them. It's like they had their own bond she didn't understand. As though Elle knew that Ivy was always there even when she was still in the womb.

"Hey! Good to see you." Laurel sort of side hugged her because she was carrying Elle on the other side.

"Hiii.." She trailed on. "Hey Iris. Ou, I love the look."

"Hello, and thanks." Iris said with a wide smile while sending Laurel a glare.

The three sat down, got presented with the menus and made their orders. In the mean time as they waited for there food Ivy gave the gist on her honeymoon. She really seemed so happy and Laurel was just happy for her.

Laurel was seated with Ivy and Iris was opposite them. She was carrying Elle on her laps because they were sharing a plate and Elle simply refused to sit by herself. She wanted to sit with her mom. Iris spent most of the lunch snapping her food.

"Is that for Instagram? You're putting in so much art."

Iris replied with a small 'yup'. Her eyes locked on her phone.