3

"Hello. I need to see you today. It's important."

It was nine am and Laurel was on the phone with her baby daddy.

"Alright." Laurel mumbled because she didn't really have any other answer. He just said he needs to see her. That's not something you exactly say no to. It sounded like a command really and the few weeks she has known and talked to him she realized he doesn't ask, he states. "What time?"

"I'm sending a car over to you now. It'll bring you to my office. That's where we'll talk. Driver's name is Mike. I hope it's okay I gave him your address." He rushed through his words like his giving orders and didn't have the time.

"Cool." She answered right before he hung up.

If she were talking to a normal person that she knew, she would have complained about how it's abrupt and she didn't have enough time to get ready. But this was not anyone, it was Jason. The man just plain intimidated her. She didn't know much about him and most importantly he did not see like the type of person you complain to so she just rushed to the bathroom.

That morning was quiet, lonely because Ivy wasn't around. She had class. So she got ready to go and talk about whatever it is that is so important. In the her room she got glimpse of her reflection without a shirt, she looked at her stomach. It looked so normal to her, she still couldn't believe that she is growing a person inside of her.

The said driver 'Mike' picked her up right from her apartment door and straight to the car. He had offered to open the door for her but she declined. They parked at a very tall building which Laurel guessed was Jason's father's company, also soon to be Jason's. So she imagined his office is probably at the top most floor.

"Mr Culhane instructed me to take right up to his office once we got here." The driver said to her.

Laurel just nodded politely and followed him in. It was only after she got inside that this question popped in her mind, What was she doing here in the first place?

The place just looked so serious and productive?

Is he offering me a job?

If he wanted to talk, we would have just met outside his work place.

They got to his office floor and Mike told her to wait as he spoke with Jason's secretary whose desk was stationed right outside his. She was pretty and looked slightly around her age and wore round glasses. Laurel was able to analyse all this because the anxiety was killing her.

"He'll just be a few minutes." Mike told her and turned to leave.

"Your leaving?"

"Yes." He mumbled but in a tone that said I have other stuff to do.

"Sure sure." Laurel didn't want to keep him any longer she knew he obviously had other stuff to do. Why didn't she think of that before?

Before she knew it, Jason's door swung open and he peeped out, "Ms Edwards."

Her eyes snapped right at him for a brief moment having eye contact with him. He moved back inside and she stood up following him in.

Jason motioned for her to have a sit in the guest chairs across his desk, which she did. He sat in his chair as well.

"Ms Edwards?" She asked, referring to the sudden use of her second name a while back there.

"It's my place of work. I have to be professional." He answered looking over a few papers on his desk and then placing them right in front of her. Which probably would have answered her next question. What was she doing there?