33

The following day was Sunday. Laurel's favorite day of the week even though it came with a boring vibe to it. It was the only day where she could louse around and do nothing with her daughter. A day of relaxing from work or an event. She woke up around her usual time and was surprised when the baby next to her was still sound asleep. Usually Elle rises before her and wakes her up. She thought it was probably from all the running and activity she did at the baby shower.

Laurel moved closer and kissed her little daughter's cheek as she slept. She then left the bed quietly and slowly. The first thing she did was pick up around her bedroom. Last night as she undressed she threw everything on the floor and maybe some had piled up throughout the week, so she cleaned that up. Also around her living room, Elle's toys have a habit of slowly compiling and she'll only notice at the end of the week when they were literally everywhere.

When she was done she put some laundry in the washing machine and got a head start of preparing Elle's milk, putting it in her baby bottles.

 This was also the only day she had for self care which she absolutely loved to do. She head to the bathroom to put on a face mask that had been sitting on her bathroom shelf for a while. 

She decided to use the toilet first. Before she finished,  Elle appear at the bathroom door. Her hand was folded into a fist and rubbing her eye.  She moved her little feet towards Laurel placing her hands up to be carried. Laurel carried her onto her laps. Elle wrapped her arms around her, putting her head on her mother's breast. Funny thing was she still shut her eyes.

"Mama!" She called out.

"Good morning baby." Elle continued to make herself comfortable on Laurel's body. "I guess this is what being a mom is, I don't even get alone bathroom time."

Elle just looked up at her and didn't say anything.

Laurel managed to get up, hold her baby and pull her shorts up at the same time. She had slept in an oversized shirt and a pair of shorts the previous night. She carried Elle up to the sink by the mirror. It was pretty wide with extra space so Elle could sit there comfortably. She grabbed her face mask  and started applying it on her face slowly as she looked in the mirror. 

Elle suddenly pointed to her face with that sweet face. "Tha - ?" Then she touched her own face.

"Oh no, this is not for babies. Your skin is already beautiful." Laurel tickled her small neck. Elle giggled for a bit. That was enough to snap her out of the slumber. Soon after that she started doing some body movements that showed she wanted to get down. So Laurel helped her. She quickly skipped out of the bathroom.

Laurel continued with the face mask. She also combed through her hair. After a while she realized her house was quiet, too quiet. She immediately wondered what Elle could be up to. She silently listened and still there was nothing

She smiled knowing her daughter is probably up to no good. She slipped out of the bathroom to look for Elle. Just as she had thought, Elle was up to something. She was comfortably kneeling on Laurel's makeup stool that was by the dressing table and fidgeting with something on it. 

"Elle, what are you doing?" She asked innocently. Elle slowly turned around, holding herself onto the table so she couldn't fall. She smiled sheepishly and Laurel's jaw dropped. The reason wasn't Elle but rather what was on her face. Her whole mouth was red. She had lipstick all over her lips and beyond to her chin and also below her nose.

Laurel froze for a second, raising her eyebrows then burst out laughing. Elle seeing her reaction she also giggled. She turned back to the mirror, she had the lipstick in her hand still applying more.