21

Disclaimer!

Hey everyone, before you read I just wanted to let you know that this chapter is kind of going to be moving back and forth from present to the past. The flashbacks being in Italics just so you don't get confused. Thank you, you can now proceed.

Saturday morning,  Laurel woke up with a plan of doing deep cleaning in her apartment. She really hadn't had the time to do it since she moved in a few months back and with her daughter, Elle around it only made it more difficult.

During the weekdays she had work and weekends when she is free, Elle just demands most of her attention. Either she wants to be carried or she wants Laurel to do something with her or just watch her play. All of which Laurel is very okay with,  she would give up anything just to spend time with her daughter.

Currently Laurel decided to keep her busy by sacrificing her phone for the next one hour or so. All she had to do was put YouTube kids and let her watch probably peppa pig.

She turned to look over at her from the kitchen. Elle was in her onezi by the couch,  her eyes glued onto the phone. The longer she looked at her she got this weird feeling in her stomach, one she has been having ever since the wedding. The feeling that Jason showed up in her life again and that now he knows about their daughter.

It has been bothering her for a week now. She didn't know what to do. She couldn't stop thinking about it. Not about him but about what he said, him knowing about Elle, him just showing up like that. Is she supposed to call him? She didn't want him in her life at all but she took the photo either way. He still showed up. She wondered whether what he said was even true, whether he is really in love with her. If so since when? When did he realise it? Was it before or after he got married. Does it even mean anything to her that he is in love with her? Does she still feel anything for him?

It wasn't about her alone, it was about Elle too. He's her father. She wondered is she obliged to call him? But he didn't want anything to do with Elle, Laurel thought but neither did she and she changed her mind eventually.

Does she owe him anything?

Does he owe her an explanation? Some answers for his behaviour?

Who does he think he is showing up now? He has no idea what she went through.

"I know exactly what I'm going to do."

"What's that?" Ivy asked, placing the food she had bought in by the counter and joining her by the bed. She sat carefully not to wake the sleeping baby in Laurel's arms.

"I'm taking her home with us. I can't - I just can't abandon her too. She doesn't deserve any of this. I just imagine her growing up and feeling the way I'm feeling. It's awful." She stared down at the baby. "She is my baby. She is mine, I'm keeping her."

"I hope it won't be any bother for you."

"What are you talking about? Of course I won't mind."

Laurel smiled finally feeling at piece at heart. A feeling she hadn't felt in a while. Not during her pregnancy, not before her pregnancy. It still stung her a little bit the way Jason just walked out on them but she wasn't worried too much about that. The love she felt just holding this baby in her arms was going to wash that all away. It's like nothing else mattered.

"Can I hold her?" Ivy asked.

"Sure."

Ivy jumped off the bed and stood next to it ready to receive the baby. Laurel carefully stretched out her hands and placed the baby girl gently in Ivy's arms. She couldn't pull her eyes away from her, for even a second. She watched as Ivy slowly rocked her.