27

"Let me ask you something," Laurel said crossing her legs in her best friend's artic chair. She had a glass of wine in her hand. "Do you think we spend so much time together?"

It was Sunday and as usual Laurel and Elle had driven over to Ivy's to dwell the weekend over there. Due to the drive, they arrived when Elle was already off to a slumber. The girls put her in Ivy's bedroom and got along with there chit chat.

"What! I don't think so." Ivy said, looking up from her phone for a second.

"We see each other like every other week." Laurel trialed on, mentioning.

"Yeah, that's true. It's because we are very close and we lived together for a while so obviously we are going to be attracted to being around each other." A smile formed on Ivy's face. "And, I don't see a problem with that." 

"Yeah that explains it." She nodded, turning her attention to the screen. The television was in front of them. It was muted though. The attention was being taken up their phones or the conversations to each other.

"We are twenty five and young! You're a mom and I'm married, still feels weird to say that, anyway we are bound to spend Sundays together. We should even be going to brunch, now." Ivy said excitedly. You could never tell if it was the wine or just her. There was no big difference there.

Laurel burst out laughing. "Right! We always make plans to and then we get lazy and never go."

"Then we end up spending the day indoors just like this. Eating junk and finishing a wine bottle." Ivy added on with an elongated laugh at the end.

"Why are we like this?" Laurel questioned.

"Do you want an honest answer or a consoling one."

"Honest. For once I'd like your honest opinion not you making jokes."

Ivy nodded, "Alright." She readjusted herself sitting up straight. "Truth is you are juggling being a single mom, a job and on to of that living on your own. I, I am juggling a demanding job and new married life. The job thing is because  I don't think I prepared myself for how serious it was going to get. On top of that I got married so it's a whole mix. I spent my early twenties lousing so this is all hitting me, hitting me hitting me."

Laurel laughed at the gestures Ivy was making with her hands as she was explaining the 'hitting' "I feel like you have drifted off topic. You actually didn't reach your point."

"Right." She snapped her fingers. "My point was, at the end of the day when we do meet. We just want to relax and vent to each other. So we get lazy and never go out."

"I love you. You're right."

"I know but it is scary thinking about it all together." Ivy scrunched her face in a disgusted way. "Is this the rest of our lives? I still want to have fun."

"So let's stop thinking about it. Done. End of that topic." Laurel ordered even though her face was struggling to look serious. She moved over to the center table where their wine bottle lay and poured some for herself.

"I was trying to convince myself that I made the right decision. I felt like I sort of blew off someone?" She revealed standing in front of Ivy at this point.

"A date?" Ivy's eyes widened. "Who?"

"Not a date." Laurel corrected strongly. "How do I explain this?"

She took a seat on the floor as she thought to herself. Ivy was patiently waiting.

"Austin, Brianna's brother had invited for dinner at their house. I didn't go. I found it weird." She buried her face in her palms then eventually pass them through his hair. She felt so uncomfortable by it that she did not even know what to think of it.