47

"You should definitely get the red one. It's better." Laurel said into the phone.    

"I was thinking the same thing," Ivy replied. The two were on a routine face time call, just catching up and getting some advice from each other about their lives. It was a lonely Tuesday evening and Laurel was on the couch with Elle waiting on dinner while watching the tv was on but no one was really paying attention. Ivy was over at her house just doing the same thing, having wine alone on the couch waiting on her man.

"Excited about moving in with Jason?" She asked excitedly smiling on the phone. She twirled her reaction trying to get a reaction from Laurel. Ivy was always one to tease.

Laurel blushed instantly, "Well yes." Then suddenly the smile fell.

"Oh oh, why is there a drop in the smile? When will you be moving in?" She asked, standing up and walking off somewhere.

"At the end of this month when my lease ends. Two weeks to be exact." 

"And how is Jason feeling about all of this? He must be on cloud nine."

"I wouldn't really know but sure, he is happy about it."

"Why aren't you sure?"

"He hasn't really been around. You remember I told you about the wine company he and his brother are starting up."

"Yeah, I remember."

"Yeah, so his been there most times. He goes for two days then his around then goes again for another two days like that. It's been something." Laurel rolled her eyes.

"Ow, I can't imagine." Ivy greeted her teeth.

"At least I have work to occupy me alright."

"True true but of course you miss him?"

Laurel lifted her eyebrows and looked away from the camera, her eyes landed on Elle instead ahead of her. Dressed in all pink, she was on the floor concentrated on her toys.

"It's bad for Elle. Elle misses him."

"What about you? Your sure it's not you missing her daddy." Ivy laughed off.

"Elle!" She called out to her. Her head turned to look at Laurel "Don't you miss daddy?"

"Yes. Miss daddy. I want daddy back." She said lifting herself up and walking towards Laurel. She placed herself in between her legs looking straight into the phone.

"Daddy?" She called out in her tiny voice.

"No no it's Ivy." She said to her. "You've caused a problem she is not going to shut up about him now."

"No Ellie, it's just me." Ivy said to her.

"Heii." Elle waved to the screen and stayed right in the same position.

"Wait, that whole moving thing and his business being in another city, won't that be a problem when you guys start living together?"

"I don't know what to tell you but I don't know." Her voice was low. She hadn't given it much thought that Jason's new job could be in a different city all together.

"One tip though, you have to remember it's a shared space not just your place." Ivy warned.

"Of course! I am nothing like you." Laurel snapped jokingly.

"Hey, I gotta go. My mans is here. Bye Elle love you."

"Mwah!" Elle blew her a kiss instead.

"Hey, what about me?" Laurel asked. Then next thing she knew Ivy had hung up.