The end | 1 ✔︎

Had you been abandoned? Left alone in the care of your grandpa, you had always been told your parents were just merchants, who travelled through different nations trading Inazuma goods. Which is why they were never present. It was why they never had time for you.

It has nearly been two years since your last memory with them, and now that Inazuma had shut down, the vision hunt decree has been your excuse for why they haven't came back.

You were an only child, and didn't make many friends. Therefore loneliness wasn't new to you, but you weren't completely alone. On the night of your last memory with your parents, you made your first ever friend at an Inazuma festival when you were five. It was your first time being at a festival and still remember it till this day.

Oh what was his name again?

The night you met him, who when you first saw, was sitting alone on a bench looking down with a frown.

Though nothing but laughter and excitement surrounded him, he seemed upset. Therefore, you bought an extra mask and walked over to him...

-

"here" you offered a fox mask to him.

The boy looked up with a confused expression and tilted his head. "this is for you!" you said, placing the mask onto his face. His eyes widened as he questioned if he had just received a gift... from a stranger?

 from a stranger?

"Thanks.." he mumbled with his hands holding the mask.

"let's go play at the festival together!" you said with a big smile on your face. "W-" not wasting a single moment, you took his arm before he could speak and begun to run towards the stands at the festival.

The boy squinted at the bright lits that illuminated at the festival but when he saw the pure smile rested on your face, he couldn't help but follow- and allow himself to be dragged towards whatever direction you desired.

Throughout the rest of the festival, you enjoyed every second of it.

Looking back at it, seeing someone enjoying your first time at a festival with you. Made your experience more memorable.

"What did you wish for?" you asked, while trying to peak at his ema. But, he quickly hid it in his chest before you could catch a glimpse. "No! it's embarrassing." the boy retorts as his face warmed up into a bright red. You raised an eyebrow in suspicion and sulked, "come on, it can't be that ba-"

Suddenly. Explosions of colours filled the night sky, and out of surprise by the loud noises, you both dropped your emas on the ground.

But the moment you looked up at the sky, your eyes were filled with bright colours. You stood in complete silence in both shock, yet mesmerized by the fireworks. This was your first time seeing them up close.

However, as you were distracted by the fireworks the boy quickly bent down to pick up the dropped item. As he begins to pick up your ema, he accidentally caught a glimpse of it.

At the end of your wish, that was written on a small piece of wood that you called an ema- was your name. "Y/N?" the young boy spoke.

Hearing your name called, you snapped back to reality and looked back "huh, did you say something?" you asked, watching as the boy quickly got up. "Uh— it was nothing." He responded.

Your suspicion rises until you notice the ema held in his hand. "You looked at my ema didn't you!" you gasped, as if you'd just been betrayed. "That's no far," you snatch it out of his hand. "It was by accident!" he argued back, denying your claims.

You continued to sulk before beginning to try reaching for his ema, "you saw mine so let me see yours!" You demanded and as you grabbed ahold of his hand where he kept his ema, he fought back. Soon enough, it became a tug a war.

"Ahh! I only saw your name stop." The boy retorted, his face red like a tomato. "I'll tell you my name and we'll be even okay?!" He said, and you paused- which threw the boy back and nearly falling over.

Your expression immediately lit up and you quickly nodded.

He chuckled after seeing how eager you were to know his name, and smiled, feeling confident.

"Alright, alright... You can call me—"

---

what was his name again?

---

Suddenly, you heard a loud thud and everything went blank. You could no longer think nor could you focus. Immediately, you knew something was wrong.

Your eyelids felt heavy and you couldn't stop them from closing.

'I fell off something..?' you realized when begin to grow extremely tired.

You couldn't feel or move any part of your body, and the noises around you were slowly fading. You could hear some sort of commotion around you and many worried voices along with panic screams.

What his name was— you tried to remember, but you couldn't.

Had you hit your head too hard?

"Am I dying?" you whispered.

-

Explanation: the backstory in the beginning was like your life flashing before your eyes when you were falling.