Jealousy | 18

"Kunikizushi"

He heard your voice say his name, but as he opened his eyes there was nothing more then the bright blue sky to see. "This is so stupid" he muttered to himself, placing his arm over his eyes.

He was hearing things again, and has been feeling an unpleasant ache ever since he had pushed you away.

"Why am I still even here" he muttered to himself as he laid on top a house not too far from where you were staying.

He sighed and lifted his arm off his face and slowly opening his eyes.

So far, he has not been given any further orders from his 'majesty', to begin his part of the job. Only one of his colleagues were told to advance in their side of the plan. And he hasn't, at least, not until he is given the order to start.

But until then, he has to find something else to do for the time being.

There were many other options he could of picked from to keep himself company, but. For some reason, he kept on ending up back in Inazuma city, no matter how hard he tried to avoid it. No matter how hard he tried to avoid you.

"This is pathetic. I'm leaving" he told himself—

"Oooo, Thoma come over here!"

He flinched as he heard a familiar voice, "hm? What is it" a different voice spoke. Out of curiosity he peek down and his eyes widened as he saw you.

"[name]—"

"[name]!!" Thoma yelled, "don't go too far on your own" he ran over to you, panting as he was holding his knees. "Whoops sorry, I was just too excited" you chuckled.

You didn't hear him call you.

"I haven't been there in awhile, so you can't really blame me" you said.

Scaramouche had his hands covering his mouth, 'Idiot, she doesn't even remember you... I went through all that trouble- I can't let myself be found now'  he told himself as his eyes still followed you. You were laughing so happily and seemed so excited, you were now living a normal life again, and that alone was enough for him.

This is how it should be, but...

Part of him, even though he rejects it, still wanted to be the one Instead to stand by your side.

———

"The sun is warm today" you commented as you looked up with your hand on your forehead. "Yeah, it is summer after all" he informed you.

"Ah, is that so?" You said, humming to yourself with your hands behind your back.

You were in a good mood, excited to attend the summer festival that would happen soon. Thoma stared at you well you giggled to yourself. This may have been the first time in a while since he had last seen you this happy, "are you looking forward to the festival?" he asked.

You looked at him and smiled, "yup!" You said with a slight blush on your cheeks.

In that moment your eyes lit up and your smile was so bright. Thoma now understood why Ayaka went through all that trouble for you. It was so she could protect that smile of yours.

"You want her to be the happiest she can be till that day comes huh" he muttered to himself, "what?" You asked, not hearing what he said. "Nothing" he said.

Though a bit doubtful, you brushed it off. "Hm, alright"

"What things are you excited to do when you go to the Summer festival" Thoma asked to change the subject, "everything" you answered. "Everything?" He questioned, tilting his head a bit.

"Mhm, everything" you chuckled making Thoma also chuckle but, nervously since he knew he'd have to be the one to babysit you the whole way.

"Well- what is the top thing your excited for the most?" He asked another question, "Oo that's an easy question" you said.

"Fire works of course!"

'Fireworks?'

You're eyes begun to twinkle as you went on to talk in a rapid, excited, and at times incomprehensible speech about how fireworks were the best.

"When they go boom bang, it's like wooow and so many beautiful lights fill the night sky—"

Thoma begun to laugh, making you confused, "oh sorry, it's just seeing you all excited like a toddler makes me happy" he said well wiping the tears from his eyes that formed from his laughter.

You pouted, "well how else do I explain it" your face turned a bit red, feeling embarrassed. "let's just hurry up and get to my house before it becomes dark" you sulked quietly dragging him by the back of his shirt.

You rummaged through your pockets as you got closer to your house and pulled out your keys. "Where did you get that?" Thoma asked noticing what he had him your hand. "This?" You showed him the key, "yeah" He said, confused.

"I've always had this, even since I found it that day...—"

You realized that you didn't remember anything after you got the drop key. Wait no, how did you even end up finding the key?

"[name] are you okay?" He asked, noticing your mind was wandering off, "[nam—" suddenly, your grip on his shirt released causing you to drop him on the ground. "Ow" he yelped.

"Oh! Are you okay Thoma?" You said finally coming back to your senses, "you're too cruel [name]" he complained as he laid on his back. "It was accident— here" you offered your hand.

"And Thoma, you're just too slow" you said. "How does that have to do you dropping me!" He complained.

Originally it was Ayaka who was meant to accompany you to go out, but apparently something urgent had come up, and now it was Thoma who had to accompany you.

"Alright, this is as far as I go" Thoma said stopping in front of your house. "When you're done, I'll be out here waiting and then we can head on over to the festival." He told you as he leaned onto the fence with his arms crossed. "Okay, I'll try not to take too long" you said, entering the house.

Going to straight to your room, you immediately went to your closet and searched through your cloths.

"This will do" you said, taking out a kimono from your closet well brushing off the dusk, "wow this is brings back a memories." You held up the Kimono.

It was the same Kimono your mother had bought to one day wear it at a festival she so dreamed to go to.

You could never forget the way she looked at kimono when she held up for the first time.

𒊹︎Headcanon: Scaramouche is watching