Betrayal | 25

Ayaka walked through the city. Unlike the soft expression she'd usually have, her face was stern and serious. The citizens who she passed by didn't have the guts to interrupted her deep thought. Instead, they politely moved to the side, to make way for the direction she was headed to. The Komore Teahouse.

Her fist were tightly clenched. She was clearly bothered by something, and a hint of bloodlust was felt around her presence.

"I'm back" Ayaka said with a nonchalantly look, the attendant at the door bowed in respect. "The suspects are inside" She informed her with a quiet muttered, along with a gesture to the door.

Ayaka thanked the young attendant as they moved to the side, allowing her to pass through. "They will be dealt with, soon enough.." she said before the door closed and the attendant moving back to block the entrance.

"Is this them?" she asked, looking down at the three people who were on their knees, tied up. "it appears so. They were responsible for the attempt assassination on [name]." Thoma said, glaring down at the struggling 'murders' who had both their arms and legs tied back as a cloth was wrapped around their mouths, to prevent them from speaking.

Ayaka pulled out a near by chair and sat down before slowly looking through the three people who sat before her. In the middle sat there a well built man, with veins sticking out of his skin, as he desperately tried to free himself. From what Ayaka had heard, he was the so called 'Captain', or what most would call the 'Leader,' He was the one who set up the whole assassination to begin with.

Beside the 'Captain,' was a shivering frail boy. Pale, dry lips, and heavy eyes bags. He was almost like a ghost, a quite terrified one in fact. But, despite his looks, he was the one who was responsible for your near death.

Lastly, the one at the far left side was a calm boy, charming looks, and dazzling eyes. Light blue eyes just like her own. The one who lured you into that trap.

"Ayato," Ayaka's expression wavered.

"Why?" She asked, staring at her brother with a betrayed look. He looked up and a gaze she was all too familiar with met hers.

His eyes were stern. No remorse, nor regret was in his eyes. Ayaka couldn't believe it. But, she knew this was no false accusation. That night she saw him with her own two eyes, just minutes after she got to you. In fact, Ayaka was the one who caught him.

"Let him speak," Ayaka ordered.

Thoma immediately untied the cloth around Ayatos mouth.

"Why did you did this? You knew what would happen if she got hurt badly again?!" Ayaka said, crouching down in front of her dear brother. She felt angered by his actions. She was deeply upset about what he had done, at what he done to his own family member.

Ayato looked down as he cleared his voice, before looking back up. "It wasn't my choice to make" he retorted, causing Ayaka to feel confused. "What are you trying to say?" she asked, beginning to grow concerned.

Thoma clenched his fist and looked away. His teeth were grit as he prepared himself for what Ayato was about the say, as he already knew the answer.

Ayato had already told Thoma the truth before the interrogation.

"Ayaka, haven't you figured it out yet?" Ayato asked, his tone softening as he looked into his sister's lost blue eyes.

He could tell she was stressed, most likely overworking herself to unravel this case alone, which is why he needed to tell her so she could 'rest'. But, the truth would most-likely also make it worse.

Ayato glanced over at Thoma who was looking away, and to the other two who sat beside them, before looking back at Ayaka who was growing impatient.

He sighed, and got closer to her ear so only she could hear. "Ayaka, everything that happened that night was requested by [name].." he whispered in her ear.

No response was given for a moment, "what do you mean..?" She questioned.

"Back then, [name] wasn't pushed off the cliff."

"She jumped off herself."