choice | 12

"Hey, [name] wake up!" You felt someone tugging your shoulder. "not yet" you groaned turning away, attempting to go back to sleep. "What are you doing sleeping in a place like this?—"

'What are you doing crying in a place like this'

You jolted upwards, and sat up looking around the room in search of him. But, instead, stood there the Traveler and Paimon with a surprised look. "Where's K—Scaramouche?!" You asked, "Hey, Hey! Calm down, and what do you mean Scaramouche?" Paimon questioned as she waved her hands flying a bit backward.

"Oh," You muttered, realizing that he must have left after you fell asleep.

You sighed and ran a stressed hand through your hair, "are you alright?" The traveler asked placing a hand on your shoulder. "Yeah, I just feel like I had an important dream about something. But I can't remember what it was" you responded. "That happens to me all the time! I'm sure it's nothing to worry about!" Paimon reassured as the traveler nodded to agree.

"Now come on, We have to head back to the Kimori Teahouse before Ayaka gets any more mad at Thoma"

The traveler held out their hand, "here" they said with a warm smile.

"h̶e̶r̶e̶"

"Yeah.. " you replied hesitantly, taking their hand as they helped you up.

。。。

"Are you sure you want to leave things the way they are?" A fatui assistant asked, looking at the same person the balladeer was gazing at from afar.

"Yeah" the balladeer mumbled, before turning around. The fatui assistant wanted to say something. But instead, he followed behind and took one last glance at the person before wandering away with harbinger.

It is better this way.

You felt a strong gaze from a distance, but the direction of the gaze soon disappeared after you looked towards it. "hey over here!" The traveler shouted to catch your attention.

"Oh sorry!" You looked back, running up the stairs to catch up. The sun was now starting to set, the clouds were painted bright red, as if it was still dawn.

"[name]!!" Thoma cried out, running towards you before giving u a big hug. You were expecting a I was so worried for you! speech or lecture from Thoma but, instead, he whispered in your ear. "If you disappear one more time, Ayaka won't let me live to see another day," he said with a serious tone.

He soon let go of you with a bright smile on his face, as if he never said anything, "uh, yeah" you muttered in response.

"And it's not just that," Thoma pointed at your head switching his expression.

"Don't be reckless, your injuries still haven't fully healed. Especially your head" he sighed, "we don't want you ripping your stitches."

"Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait" Paimon interrupted, "injuries? What happend to her head?" Paimon asked confused.

"Oh yeah, I haven't told you yet," Thoma scratched the back of his head, "I'll explain it to you, let's just get inside first," you said walking ahead.

You rummaged through your pockets to check for a key, but then you remember that you got the wrong key this morning. And if so, where that key too? you could of sworn you left it in your pocket. Hurriedly, you pulled your pockets out so you could get the key before reaching the door.

But instead, The wooden box fell out of your pocket. And the lid fell off, making the hairpin fall out too.

In an instant moment you finally understood.

"That damn Scaramouche took it didn't he?!"

𒊹︎head canon: Scaramouche only dusted off the pillow, so you were sleeping with dusty blankets