Only one | 22

After a few moments, you realized you had blacked out, and quickly opened your eyes. but instead found yourself outside, standing under the warm summer sun as a never ending field of dandelions stretched far all around you. It was quite a beautiful sight.

Your eyes beamed in delight, you've never seen such a big field. The view was so mesmerizing that you felt that you could let go of all your problems and run for miles without a care in the world. but as you turned around, your eyes widened as you saw a young girl standing behind you well holding a small dandelion in their hand. They looked up at you with their gentle eyes and smiled.

their expression touched your heart and a tear rolled down your cheek, surprising you as you quickly went to wipe your water coated eyes.

You didn't understand how their smile had brought you to tears, but one thing for sure was that the young girl was you. Pure, joyful, and happy was written all over the littles girls face. You were envious of her oblivious mind.

You fell onto your knees as the overwhelming sense of reality begun to come back to you, and the young girl's smile soon turn into a frown as all the dandelions in the field was starting to wither away, well the ground begin to fall apart.

your happy little world was crumbling to pieces the more you begin to realize and remember.

you wish you'd forget it all.

The ground beneath you begin to split apart and the scared girl involuntarily went to grab you, tightly hugging you as her hands trembled in fear. You glanced over at the girl, ignoring the rumbling sounds around you, you hugged her back to comfort the scared child. As you could not ignore her quiet cries.

"I'm sorry" you mumbled, feeling guilty despite haven't done anything. The little girl quietly sobbed as her grip on your shoulder tightened. You wish you could do more for her as you already knew the outcome of both your futures.

"we're both quite unfortunate, aren't we?" you said, gently patting her head before the ground beneath finally fell apart, causing you both to drop into endless black hole as you still tightly held the girl in your arms, afraid to be separated well the young girl tightly wrapped her hands around you as she still firmly held onto her small dandelion.

one

"[name]"

single

"are you okay?"

dandelion

"[name]?

left.

your eyes suddenly fluttered awake and you were no longer in that nightmare anymore. Instead, you found yourself back in your room again, but as your vision cleared, you noticed a shadow looking over you. Caught off guard, you quickly flinched back before noticing who it was.

"Ayaka?" you questioned as you tried to adjust your eyes to the light, starting to recognizing the figure who leaned over you.

The moment Ayaka heard your voice, she collapsed onto her knee's in relief. You glanced over to her, concerned. You called out her name in a worried tone. And Ayaka quickly collected herself, taking a deep breath before apologizing. "Sorry, it's just..—"

"don't worry, I'm alright" you reassured her, already knowing what she'd say.

"how much longer do you think you have?" She whispered, almost not wanting you to answer.

You glanced over at the fox mask before looking back at Ayaka, "enough time to complete my wish" you said cheerfully but Ayaka reacted the opposite, seeming doubtful of your words. Was it really enough time?

For a moment you could see Ayaka quickly glare over at the door before leaning closer to you. "Does he know yet?" She whispered quietly enough for only you to hear, "no, not yet.." you muttered a response as you realized what she was referring too. "And don't tell him though." You quickly added just as Ayaka stood back up. She gazed at you for a brief moment before adjusting her expression back to a more happier one.

"I have some business to attend to now, and you have another guest right after me... It wouldn't be very good to keep them waiting.."

Your eyes beamed in excitement as you immediately knew who she was talking about, "please take of yourself [name], especially now that your wounded" Ayaka said before rushing out the door.

But, the moment she stepped out of view, her eyes darted towards the Harbinger that stood beside her, leaning on a wall with his arms crossed.

"Scaramouche," Ayaka said with distaste, "I will never forgive you for what you Fatui's have done, but I am willing to put that aside, only cause I am in debt to you for saving my sister. But, don't get the wrong idea. I'm merely only doing this as it is what my sister wishes for.." she said with a stern expression.

"Pfft, it appears that even the Kamisato family is blinded by family love. What a shame, I expected more." Scaramouche commented before walking away. Ayaka clenched her fist anxiously.

𒊹︎head canon: Ayaka has a half sister/cousin