Festival | 19

You wore a nice Kimono that was light yellow and had green flowers on it. "that kimono looks nice" Thoma complimented, "Thanks, it was my mother's favourite" you said turning around in a circle, showing it off.

"Oh! That the same hairpin from before" he said as you faced him again. You looked up at your hair and gently touched the hairpin, "yeah, I found this in my pocket well it was changing... I'm not sure where It's from but, it's looks really nice, doesn't it!" You smirked.

"Yeah, it fits you well" Thoma agreed, "But we should probably head over to the festival soon" he suggested, pointing over to the sunset. "Let's go then" you said, walking on ahead.

As you arrived, there were many people already at the festival. "I see a lot of people decided to come early too" you commented, glancing over to the dark sky, "well, now that we're here let's enjoy ourselves!"

"Yeah but don't go off on your-" you had already left. "[name]?!" Thoma panicked looking around, he didn't even get to finish his sentence before you went on ahead. He sighed heavily and looked down with his hand covering his mouth. 'Make sure you keep a good eye on [name]' he heard Ayaka's voice repeat in his mind.

"I'm so sorry Ayaka" Thoma muttered to himself as the people passing by stared at him.

"I'd like two Sakura Mochi's, please" you casually asked a boy at one of the food stands, "coming right up!" He said, Immediately handing them over to you as you gave him the Mora.

"Here, Thoma—" you handed a Sakura Mochi to air, "Thoma?" You looked around, confused.

"Did he wander off on his own?" you questioned, "well, it's whatever." you brushed it off, not knowing you were the one who went on ahead without him. "But, theres still some time left until more people come... I'll just go look for him" you told yourself not wanting to be left alone.

But, as you wandered around like a lost child, people showed up faster then anticipated making it more difficult to find him through the crowds, "THOOMAA" you shouted, but your shouts were barely heard as they were silenced by the loud background noises.

Often, well you were moving the opposite of the crowds, you were frequently shoved and pushed to the ground. Soon to the point you lost your sense direction,

"Thoma you idiot, and your the one who tells me not to go off on my own" you muttered, miserably crawling out of the crowds after 30 minutes of a futile search.

"Are you okay?" A voice above you said. You looked to see a boy with charming like looks, "oh, ah yeah" you replied, quickly getting up well ignoring his extended hand that was offered to you. "Are you lost?" The boy asked, staring at you with his sparkling eyes. "Well uh no... yes" you answered hesitantly.

He softly chuckled and grabbed your hand, "well let's go to a place away from the crowds" he suggested, bringing you to more secluded area.

———

"Alright..."  he muttered, "what?" You questioned, not hearing what he said. "No, it's nothing..." he said, "I'll go get some water! you must be tired from all that walking" he said, quickly leaving.

Though, you found it a bit strange that he was in such a rush, you brushed it off assuming he must of been nervous and sat down on a near by bench.

'I wonder if Ayaka was able to solve whatever matter she was dealing with this morning' you looked up at the dark sky, beginning to feel a bit gloomy well you waited.

After some time, the boy still hadn't showed up, "He's taking a while for just water, did he get lost in the crowds?" You asked yourself after noticing there was no one around. "Maybe I should go check on hi—"

all a sudden, a 'different' person appeared beside you the second you stood up.

You involuntarily look to your side, startled from the random appearance. "Huh" you mumbled—

—"Asshole" they muttered with their back facing you and snapping something in their hand.

Though, you couldn't see their face you could tell by the tone of voice that they were mad. "Me?" You questioned as you looked around, but as your eyes locked onto the ground your eyes immediately widened.

The objet they had snapped was an arrow.

Out of shock you paced back, 'why did he have an arrow?' Was this some kinda new thing for festivals? You wondered but,

No.

A figure not too far away, had an bow in hand pointing directly at you... Which means the person who stood beside you had just protected you.

"T-Thank" you managed to say, still not processing the situation.

The person who protected you, stayed silent after he snapped the arrow and glared at the figure with the intend to kill.

The boy, though barely noticeable from the hat he wore, had Indigo hair.

Scaramouche

But you didn't recognize him.

He did seem familiar but before you could ask any questions, you heard Thomas voice not too far away, which made you feel relieved.

"Thank you, for protecting me" you said properly this time, "that doesn't matter right now" Scaramouche finally spoke again.

"Anyways, are you oka—" Scaramouche suddenly paused after he looked at you. And his worried expression soon turned into completely horror as he saw you.

Blood covered your hands and dripped onto the ground, "[name]?"

You didn't respond. You were confused.

Scaramouche looked at you horrified but then noticed the person who stood behind you. The one who did it. Rage filled his body when he Immediately locked eyes with the knife they held, covered in your blood.

"YOU BASTARD"